Using Certificate based Authentication in ReactiveMongo

Dima Polsky

Jan 21, 2016, 9:33:03 AM1/21/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi all,

We are using ReactiveMongo in a Spray based application and have a requirement to support X509 certificate based authentication to MongoDB as described at https://docs.mongodb.org/manual/tutorial/configure-x509-client-authentication/

I haven't found any mention of this in the official documentation or the api code. Is this supported/possible ?

Thanks
Dima Polsky

Cédric Chantepie

Jan 21, 2016, 7:55:12 PM1/21/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi, it will be supported at some point, but no active development is currently planned for. Best regards.

Dima Polsky

Jan 25, 2016, 2:58:24 AM1/25/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Got it, thanks for the info.

Thomas Vogel

Oct 7, 2016, 8:50:17 AM10/7/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Bonjour Cedric,
We are also interested in using that particular feature (using TLS X509). As far as I can see from investigating the repository, it hasn't been implemented. Could you possibly confirm this?

Cheers,
Tom

Cédric Chantepie

Oct 7, 2016, 10:41:19 AM10/7/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
No active development is currently planned for. The release of 0.12.0 is the priority.

Cédric Chantepie

Oct 15, 2016, 2:33:10 PM10/15/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org

Ollie Petch

Dec 13, 2016, 6:20:29 PM12/13/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
I've implemented a PR which addresses this, see https://github.com/ReactiveMongo/ReactiveMongo/issues/145
Not sure if it will get merged, but those interested may want to follow progress on it or perhaps fork themselves. Hope this helps someone.

Ollie Petch

Dec 13, 2016, 6:21:09 PM12/13/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Apologies wrong URL, here is the correct one https://github.com/ReactiveMongo/ReactiveMongo/pull/606

Cédric Chantepie

Dec 14, 2016, 3:35:34 AM12/14/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Thx it will be reviewed.

Mohamed Abdulrazeg

Oct 16, 2017, 5:49:38 AM10/16/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hello everyone. I'm looking to pick this up. I'll try and implement this again based on the the latest branch. Advice around how we should test this would be much appreciated.

On Wednesday, 14 December 2016 08:35:34 UTC, Cédric Chantepie wrote:
Thx it will be reviewed.

Cédric Chantepie

Oct 16, 2017, 10:26:20 AM10/16/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
What are you speaking of with "this"? The before mentioned PR has been merged some time ago.

Mohamed Abdulrazeg

Oct 16, 2017, 10:31:16 AM10/16/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Apologies, I meant the following PR for certificate authentication: https://github.com/ReactiveMongo/ReactiveMongo/pull/617

I believe that PR was for TLS/SSL connections as opposed to X509 authentication.