Rxjava

Luciano Leggieri

Dec 5, 2013, 9:42:35 AM12/5/13
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if this could interest anyone, but I thought it would be a good idea that ReactiveMongo supports RxJava observables, in addition of Play iteratees. What do you think?

Mark Schaake

Dec 6, 2013, 11:23:20 AM12/6/13
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
+1. Since the Principles of Reactive Programming Coursera course uses / teaches RxScala (and not Iteratees), there will be many more that understand / use RxScala. I think the interface for RxScala is much less intimidating than Iteratees too. Would be nice to have a choice of which interface to use with ReactiveMongo.

Luis Ángel Vicente Sánchez

Dec 8, 2013, 9:28:53 AM12/8/13
to reacti...@googlegroups.com

Maybe you would find this interesting...

http://bryangilbert.com/code/2013/10/22/rxPlay-making-iteratees-and-observables-play-nice/

Luciano Leggieri

Dec 9, 2013, 10:45:27 AM12/9/13
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Luis. That post can prove useful indeed!

Luciano Leggieri

Apr 17, 2014, 11:40:42 AM4/17/14
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
4 months ago I suggested that ReactiveMongo could benefit from RxJava. I deprecate that now and suggest that this team should take a close look at www.reactive-streams.org

Cheers!

Jaap Taal

Apr 18, 2014, 9:02:09 AM4/18/14
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
This is only really useful if you use cappedcollections and websockets. I've never found the need to do that.

The awaitable cursor stuff as demonstrated here https://github.com/sgodbillon/reactivemongo-tailablecursor-demo implement the reactive-streams API's, but it shouldn't be too hard to convert iteratees to reactive-streams... It might not even be reactivemongo's responsibility to do that conversion.

But in the end, if Stephane can makeItSo() that this would work, it would definitely be superduperawesomastic!