Alternative License?

Matt Johnson

Mar 17, 2014, 12:55:27 PM3/17/14
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I found out about re-linq via it's usage in https://github.com/themotleyfool/Lucene.Net.Linq

That library is dual-licensed, Apache and LGPL.  But re-linq is LGPL only, which creates a problem for me.

Would you possibly consider offering an Apache license?  Thanks.

-Matt

Wenig, Stefan

Mar 18, 2014, 3:45:25 AM3/18/14
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt

Generally, the only problem that LGPL creates is that you cannot change the license of re-linq itself. I.e., you cannot turn re-linq into a closed-source library, which is a good thing.

Using re-linq from projects with any license, OSS or commercial, is not a problem. That's what LGPL is designed for.

If you really think there is a problem, I might be able to help you if you provide some details.

That said, we might re-license it if there's a really good reason.

Cheers,

Stefan