Remotion Linq 2.0.0-beta.1 released

Michael Ketting

Jun 22, 2015, 2:36:06 AM6/22/15
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
See subject :)

The changes to alpha.4 can be found here:
https://www.re-motion.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20RMLNQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0-beta.1

Unless there is feedback requiring additional changes, this release will be the last one before the release where the API changes. I intend to public the RC.1 next weekend and the v2.0.0 release end of July.

Best regards, Michael

Alexander Zaytsev

Jun 22, 2015, 5:43:14 AM6/22/15
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com
Hey Micheal,

Can you also release Remotion.Linq.EagerFetching? The latest build on nuget is incompatible with beta.1

Best Regards,
Alexander

Michael Ketting

Jun 23, 2015, 1:49:55 AM6/23/15
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com, haz...@gmail.com
Since there's been some feedback (thanks, Alexander for pointing those out), the timetable might be delayed a bit since I'll be publishing a new beta (and a fix for EagerFetching) sometime this week.

Best regards, Michael

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 PM, Michael Ketting  wrote:
See subject :)

The changes to alpha.4 can be found here:
https://www.re-motion.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20RMLNQ%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%202.0.0-beta.1

Unless there is feedback requiring additional changes, this release will be the last one before the release where the API changes. I intend to public the RC.1 next weekend and the v2.0.0 release end of July.

Best regards, Michael

Michael Ketting

Jun 24, 2015, 2:50:01 AM6/24/15
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com, michael...@rubicon.eu, haz...@gmail.com
Okay, I've now got the changes/fixes lined up:

  • ResultOperatorExpressionNodeBase.ApplyNodeSpecificSemantics(...) will be once again virtual. But I'll remove the return value since there is no known implementation that actually exchanges the QueryModel.
  • FromClauseBase as extension point will be replaced with an interface IFromClause. Custom implementations can then hook into the interface to participate in SubQuery-flattening but will have to implement their own visit-methods in the QueryModelVisitor for other use cases.
Please speak up if those extension points don't work for you :)

Revised timetable:
  • Beta-2 will be this weekend.
  • RC-1 will be end of July.
  • RTM end of August.

Best regards, Michael

Michael Ketting

Jun 27, 2015, 4:10:00 PM6/27/15
to re-moti...@googlegroups.com, michael...@rubicon.eu, haz...@gmail.com
See subject :)

Best regards, Michael

Alex Peck

Aug 25, 2015, 2:00:33 AM8/25/15
to re-motion Users, michael...@rubicon.eu, haz...@gmail.com
Hi Michael

Any update on the expected RTM date?

Thanks
Alex
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to re-motion-use...@googlegroups.com.

Michael Ketting

Aug 25, 2015, 3:08:22 PM8/25/15
to re-motion Users, michael...@rubicon.eu, haz...@gmail.com
Hello Alex!

Sorry about that. Troubles with the .NET 4.6 release and the recent Chrome update kind of sidetracked my focus. Update on a new thread coming up.

Best regards, Michael