WebPlayback Firefox fails to load swfobject

Henry Lewis

Jun 24, 2015, 1:49:22 PM6/24/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
My playback works for chrome, but with firefox the swfobject never loads.  Looking at the dev console, a request is never sent for the api.swf.

Trying the hello-web-playback and jquery.rdio.js examples, they also fail on the latest firefox.

What's going on?

Rebecca Stecker

Jun 24, 2015, 1:54:25 PM6/24/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Henry,

Will have to test with the latest Firefox.  In general though the WebPlayback is rather old. If you're interested in using Rdio with a web app you should try the new JS API. It's in private beta but if you write into develope...@rd.io we're happy to give you access.  Just be sure to include your Rdio username and/or email used for login.  You'll find it's much easier to work with.

- Rebecca Stecker
Rdio API Engineer

Henry Lewis

Jun 24, 2015, 2:02:38 PM6/24/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, it seems to be broken with safari as well.  I'll email about the JS API.