Custome Affiliate Link

Tom Andrew

Sep 14, 2014, 5:37:57 AM9/14/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I am currently trying to reconfigure the landing page for my affiliate link.
For example this is plain text default URL landing page is the Rdio home page:

However that takes me to the Rdio home page. But for my website and app to work properly I need users to sign up via this Rdio page:

Can anyone tell me how to successfully add my affiliate ID to this second web URL?

Thanks a lot,
Tom

Devin Sevilla

Sep 18, 2014, 5:36:44 PM9/18/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom!

You should use the LinkShare deep-link tool[1] to build a sample URL.
Make sure you select "Rdio" from the "Advertiser" selector.

This should give you a URL with your OAuth authorize URL in a query
parameter called `RD_PARM1`. You can then replace the `RD_PARM1` with
any Rdio URL.

[1]: http://cli.linksynergy.com/cli/publisher/links/deeplinks.php

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.

Tom Andrew

Nov 6, 2014, 7:22:31 AM11/6/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks heaps for your reply Devin. Sorry it took so long for my reply. I will look at adding this now. I just have one question. This is the deep link I"ve generated:

There is an issue when using a URL with the oauth_token parameter, because it is an internal POST request. I have also tried the following:

But it fails, because I also need to send oauth_callback param to access.

Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers.

Devin Sevilla

Nov 6, 2014, 7:31:09 PM11/6/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom!

You don't need to use the affiliate link when making the token
request, only on the authorize URL. The authorize URL is what you'll
send your user to and we'll record that it came from you.

-- Devin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rdio-api/89bc0c40-a081-413a-a991-c2acf0764949%40googlegroups.com.

Tom Andrew

Nov 7, 2014, 8:05:28 AM11/7/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks again Devin.
Are you sure that will work? Just still facing the same issue because we face two Rdio auth requests.

in second request we also send oauth_verifier with post method, so in both requests we use POST method to pass needed params.

Hopefully I'm making sense. But my developer thinks that for this reason it is not possible to implement affiliate link. Is there perhaps any example of such a thing?

Thanks again for all your help.
Regards,
Tom

Devin Sevilla

Nov 14, 2014, 7:21:59 PM11/14/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

You'll only need to convert the authorize URL[1] to use the affiliate
info. The affiliate info isn't used when making API requests. Feel
free to put us in touch with your developer, either here or email
develope...@rd.io

[1]: https://www.rdio.com/oauth/authorize

-- Devin
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rdio-api/4d021633-75dd-4bb8-9555-25663e1d3972%40googlegroups.com.

Jamil Ahmed

Apr 9, 2015, 4:09:49 AM4/9/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
hello guys,

This is jamil. I am trying to build up a affiliate website with Click Bank and Click Sure programs.

My site link is here: sh.st/gUvVI

Can any one help me to start building it properly ?

With regards & Thanks,

Jamil