I'm getting 30 second previews for free users, is this expected behaviour?

Aryan Goharzad

Feb 11, 2015, 1:13:13 PM2/11/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
We are developing an app on iOS using Rdio API. Currently we are getting 30 second previews for free users, and full songs for subscribed users. However, according to Rdio website, free users also should get full songs on ad-supported stations? But we're also getting 30 second previews on pretty much all stations.

Just wanted to check if this is expected behaviour or we are missing something in our API call.

Devin Sevilla

Feb 11, 2015, 3:49:15 PM2/11/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aryan!

That's the correct behavior[1]. We do not yet allow ad-supported
stations for 3rd party developers.

[1]: http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/faq/ref-what-will-my-users-hear

-- Devin

Aryan Goharzad

Feb 12, 2015, 10:20:38 AM2/12/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hey Devin, thanks for you quick response. :)

Another quick question I have is whether or not we should display ads for free users, because the documentation mentions ads only being played on ad supported stations, which as you say are not supported for 3rd party apps.

In other words, does "shouldGetAd" attribute ever return true in the API?

Also, we get <null> impressionUrls. Should we be getting impressionUrls so that we send a GET request to them when we finish playing ads?

Cheers,
Aryan
-------