How can I get URL to the song from Rdio Android SDK?

Tom Pan

Apr 20, 2015, 8:13:29 PM4/20/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am developing android application to support wifi or bluetooth headsets. The app plays a song through headsets, but I need song url or raw audio in order to play the song on those devices, not on the phone. So far what I have seen is Rdio support android only for playing the track by passing trackKey to the getPlayerForTrack method that return MediaPlayer object. This will only be able to play the song on android phones. Is there any way I can get direct URL to the song or get raw audio object of the song? Does Rdio support this?

Thank you.

Devin Sevilla

Apr 24, 2015, 4:38:48 PM4/24/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Access to the whole music file, in any format, is not allowed via the
SDKs[1]. We do partner with consumer electronics companies that are
building on platforms that our SDKs do not support. If that's you,
send an email to partne...@rd.io with what you're building.

[1]: http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/faq/ref-can-i-access-raw-mp3-files

--
Devin Sevilla