iOS API RDPlayer seekToPosition:

al...@tiptopspeakers.com

Mar 12, 2014, 11:08:26 PM3/12/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I've read a few threads about this issue already, but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on how to mitigate the problem.  Essentially, calling seekToPosition: on an RDPlayer object rarely works in the iOS API, even under "ideal" circumstances (even loading the track, waiting 5 seconds or any other set period of time, and then seeking). The console will log

AudioStreamer seekToPosition called with no audio queue!

in the vast majority of scenarios. Is there a fix for this in the works?

Thanks for the great work on the API! Our users are really enjoying it.
Alex

R. Kevin Nelson

Mar 13, 2014, 6:19:50 AM3/13/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alex,

Thanks for your feedback.  Another issue involving seekToPosition was just posted on our github page at https://github.com/rdio/api/issues/116, so I'll be investigating that method a bit today.  I'll see what I can come up with regarding its apparent lack of functionality.

A couple of clarifying questions in the meantime:
- Is this happening with every track you try to seek in?
- Are the tracks that refuse to seek playing normally / properly from the beginning?

I'm curious if there's any consistency/reproducibility  for specific tracks or specific behaviors so I can better investigate.

Thanks!
Kevin

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson