Rdio android intents + tasker

Marc McHardy

Jan 16, 2015, 8:04:57 PM1/16/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I've already asked this question on the tasker google group but no luck there. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tasker/DQWRa71lSBo

I would love to be able to use rdio intents within tasker, there should really be nothing stopping it from working as I have been able to get rdio intents working from another android app that I was hacking around with.

I am trying to recreate the following in tasker:

Intent intent = new Intent();
intent.setAction("rdio.android.action.playercontrol");
intent.putExtra("com.rdio.android.playercontrolkey",
    "rdio.android.action.playercontrol.play");
context.sendBroadcast(intent);

However it doesn't work (or I am doing something wrong) with the following tasker setup:

action: rdio.android.action.playercontrol
extra: com.rdio.android.playercontrolkey:rdio.android.action.playercontrol.play
target: broadcast

All other tasker fields were left blank.

I have triple checked for extra spaces, misspelled words, incorrect formatting etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Devin Sevilla

Feb 9, 2015, 8:28:02 PM2/9/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marc!

Just tried this myself by copy-pasting your example and it worked. It
only worked when Rdio was already launched and in a paused state.
Perhaps you need to launch the app first?

Hope this helps

Best

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.

Marc McHardy

Feb 10, 2015, 2:25:42 AM2/10/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
thanks for trying it out! did you try the tasker code or the java?

The java code i had working fine but no luck with tasker. Hopefully you were using tasker and I can hold on to some hope.

I'll give it another go when i get some free time. I may possibly need to clear taskers cache/reinstall..

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Rdio API" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rdio-api/CAGa4nceNquCVr2_bB2AYYUafbiH%3DC5bbHS3A%3D%2B8o%3DJ%2BFXNehXA%40mail.gmail.com.

MARC McHARDY GRAPHIC DESIGNER

interactive - branding - responsive web design - wordpress

Devin Sevilla

Feb 10, 2015, 6:56:10 PM2/10/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 11:25 PM, Marc McHardy <ma...@marcmchardy.com> wrote:
> thanks for trying it out! did you try the tasker code or the java?

I happened to already have Tasker installed, so I copied the example you gave.

-- Devin