JS API: Seeing SecurityError: "Blocked by a frame with origin..."

Trevor

Mar 19, 2014, 7:03:42 PM3/19/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Starting to see this error when starting up Rdio api:

"Uncaught SecurityError: Blocked a frame with origin "https://www.rdio.com" from accessing a frame with origin "http://[mydomain].com".  The frame requesting access has a protocol of "https", the frame being accessed has a protocol of "http". Protocols must match."

It appears to be coming from this line in one of the iFrames Rdio uses:
root.R.getEventProxy = root.parent.R.getEventProxy || function(proxyName, cb) {

Context:
root.R.getEventProxy = root.parent.R.getEventProxy || function(proxyName, cb) {
        function callCallback() {
            if (!proxies[proxyName]) {
                proxies[proxyName] = _.extend({}, Backbone.Events)
            }
            cb(proxies[proxyName])
        }
        if (window._ && window.Backbone) {
            callCallback()
        } else {
            initProxyCallbacks.push(callCallback)
        }
    };

root.parent is my window

Trevor

Mar 19, 2014, 7:04:54 PM3/19/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Tried hosting my app on https and got pretty much the same error, but instead this time it said the error is about mismatched domains.

R. Kevin Nelson

Mar 19, 2014, 7:39:04 PM3/19/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the report.  Something we deployed today wound up causing this error unexpectedly.  We'll be deploying a fix very shortly.

Sorry about the hiccup!

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson
API Engineer @ Rdio, Inc.

R. Kevin Nelson

Mar 19, 2014, 7:47:18 PM3/19/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Looks like we've fixed the issue.  Please let us know if you see it pop up again.

Thanks for your patience,
Kevin

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson