"extras" parameter for tracks inside a playlist

Orion Reblitz-Richardson

Jun 19, 2013, 11:33:33 AM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm new to the Rdio APIs.  I'm using OAuth authentication to the Web Service API and am looking to get all tracks in a specific playlist.  The wrinkle is that I also want to return the playCount for each of the songs / tracks...

I'm using a "get" request to pull the playlist (using a key) with an extras set to "tracks", but I'd also like to get the playCount inside each track.  For example, I tried setting extras to "tracks, tracks.playCount" (to get the playCount inside each track), but that didn't work.  Is there a standard way to do this?

Thanks,

Orion

R. Kevin Nelson

Jun 19, 2013, 12:43:47 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Orion,

I have been meaning to update our documentation on the `extras` field.  The general concept to achieve what you're after is to use the ModelName.subfield rather than the fieldName.subfield.

In this case, you want to pass `tracks,Track.playCount` to extras.

Best,
Kevin

-- -- --
R. Kevin Nelson
API Engineer @ Rdio, Inc.

Orion Reblitz-Richardson

Jun 19, 2013, 1:07:58 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Ah - perfect!  That seems to work.  Another quick question - is the iframe-based JavaScript playback mechanism generally available yet or still in Beta?

Thanks again!

Orion

Ian Gilman

Jun 19, 2013, 5:07:40 PM6/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Orion,

It's still in beta; I'll sign you up for it.

-- Ian Gilman, Rdio Inc.

mani murugan Murugan

Dec 11, 2013, 7:15:33 AM12/11/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com

Hi

i can search the Artist by using "Search" Methods...but i want to know that how to get Number of Albums of Artis, Number of songs of Artists... Please help me

Devin Sevilla

Dec 12, 2013, 5:37:03 PM12/12/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
You can pass `albumCount` into the extras parameter when requesting
the Artist object. For example: http://goo.gl/QVAi9o

-- Devin

kevin kawai

Apr 15, 2014, 6:52:25 AM4/15/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
If the user already has the Rdio app installed and is already logged in, can my app query the rdio playlists w/out forcing the user to sign-in again?

Devin Sevilla

Apr 15, 2014, 6:17:39 PM4/15/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 3:52 AM, kevin kawai <kka...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If the user already has the Rdio app installed and is already logged in, can
> my app query the rdio playlists w/out forcing the user to sign-in again?

No, your application is unable to communicate with the installed
mobile applications. You'll need to authenticate the user before you
can make API requests on their behalf.

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.