Resume support for rdio track

Bharat Makwana

Apr 25, 2014, 3:08:36 AM4/25/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I am facing one problem with auto resume of the Rdio track inside my app(My app report Rdio usage back to Rdio using it's Play reporting.).My android app uses Web Service API and streaming API to integrate Rdio inside my app.

Rdio auto resumes the track on it's mobile app and web site, even auto resume works between Rdio app and web site. i.e  If I'm listening to an album track on Rdio mobile app and then I go to Rdio web app it resumes the track from where I'd left that track in Rdio mobile app. But this auto resume functionality is not working in my android app and/between Rdio web site.

Can someone please suggest what needs to be done in order to get this auto resume functionality working? My app reports back pause, resume, next, previous and finish events to rdio.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bharat

Devin Sevilla

Apr 30, 2014, 2:38:09 PM4/30/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bharat!

Sounds like you're using our partner-only Streaming API. The method we
use for resuming playback depends on sharing the play state and queue.
We do not currently offer direct access to that feature.

You can checkout the lastSourcePlayed, lastSongPlayed,
lastSongPlayTime fields on the User object. This isn't what you're
currently playing, but it's a great way to just start playing music.

http://goo.gl/IFIcQ8
http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/web-service/types/user/ref-other-fields

--
Devin Sevilla