Searching through API returns unavailable songs, searching on website does not

asdfghjkl

Dec 23, 2014, 9:25:36 AM12/23/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com

On the website, the query "Stereo MC's Step It Up" will return two tracks that are available:

Doing the same search via the API method returns a lot more tracks, but they're all unavailable:

How do I prevent these from showing up?

asdfghjkl

Dec 23, 2014, 9:31:36 AM12/23/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Edit: If I search on http://rdioconsole.appspot.com/, it does limit the search to available tracks. Is this a HTTP header issue or what?

Devin Sevilla

Dec 23, 2014, 1:26:31 PM12/23/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Rdio determines a user’s region in a few different ways, depending on
the user’s subscription status, and whether or not the user is
authenticated (logged in). For authenticated subscribers, Rdio will
always resolve the user’s region to their billing region, regardless
of where the user is connecting from. For example, a subscriber with a
billing address in California will receive content from the US, even
if they’re traveling across Europe.

For unsubscribed and unauthenticated users, Rdio resolves the user’s
region by performing a GeoIP lookup on the IP address of the incoming
HTTP request. This approach can cause some confusing side effects for
API clients that make requests without user authentication. For
example, if your API client servers are in France, any calls made
without user authentication will return results streamable in France,
which could result in unstreamable content for your users in the US.

Checkout our guide to regions[1] for more information.

[1]: http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/guides/regions/

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:31 AM, asdfghjkl <shel...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Edit: If I search on http://rdioconsole.appspot.com/, it does limit the
> search to available tracks. Is this a HTTP header issue or what?
>
> --
Message has been deleted

asdfghjkl

Dec 23, 2014, 7:44:24 PM12/23/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Edit: Alright, I think I've finally found the real problem: Proxmate + Rdio is a terrible combination. Turn it on, everything's unavailable. Turn it off, it's back. Oops. Should've checked that first.

Am Mittwoch, 24. Dezember 2014 00:52:35 UTC+1 schrieb asdfghjkl:
Thanks.

As it turns out though, the actual problem was that the location of my account wasn't set properly (even though the API returned DE and the website displayed Germany). The "missing" tracks I mentioned are actually available in DE, and now that I've clicked Detect once, they're playable and show up on the web search as well.