User login on Web Playback API

Pau Argelaguet

Mar 27, 2015, 1:09:53 PM3/27/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm trying to integrate the Web Playback API to a website, right now I've basically cloned this example: https://github.com/rdio/hello-web-playback. When I'm trying to play songs, I've got previews (since user is not authenticated).

Is there any guide I can follow to authenticate Rdio users in order to listen full tracks? I guess it has something to do with getting the right playback token, but I don't know how to accomplish it.

Thanks!

Devin Sevilla

Apr 3, 2015, 6:02:37 PM4/3/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pau!

The Web Playback API depends on the user being signed into
www.rdio.com. So if you only need playback, you can watch for the
`ready` callback[1] and check if they are a subscriber[2]. If they
aren't a subscriber, you can tell the user that they need to sign into
Rdio before hearing full tracks.

Cheers

[1]: http://www.rdio.com/developers/docs/web-playback/callbacks/ref-ready
[2]: http://goo.gl/OSn1Cn