JS API frequency analysis.

Jeremy Ryan

Oct 2, 2015, 5:39:21 AM10/2/15
to Rdio API
Is there any way to do frequency analysis with the JS API? Is there an AudioContext I can hook into?

Ian Gilman

Oct 2, 2015, 1:15:44 PM10/2/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
There is no such feature for the JS API. Part of the challenge there is that it sometimes uses Flash and sometimes uses HTML5 audio, depending on your browser. I believe it would be possible, but we haven’t done it yet. That’s the one feature the Web Playback API has that the JS API doesn’t.

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man

On Oct 2, 2015, at 2:39 AM, Jeremy Ryan <jeremyr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Is there any way to do frequency analysis with the JS API? Is there an AudioContext I can hook into?

Jeremy Ryan

Oct 2, 2015, 6:59:40 PM10/2/15
to Rdio API
That sucks, guess I have to stick with the Web Playback API.

Would it be useful if I posted that as feature request on the GitHub issue tracker?

Ian Gilman

Oct 7, 2015, 1:22:52 PM10/7/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Sure…that would be a good place for us to track relevant tech developments as well.

Thank you,

-- Ian Gilman
-- digital renaissance man