How do I get a list of valid "label"s for the getArtistsForLabel call?

Kevin Arnold

Mar 5, 2015, 12:24:00 PM3/5/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I can't find anywhere in the documentation online how I would actually make the getArtistsForLabel call. What is a valid parameter for the label? Can I get a list of those labels?

Ultimately I'd like to browse artists -> albums -> tracks...

Rebecca Stecker

Mar 20, 2015, 2:38:06 PM3/20/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

It's true that we don't have an endpoint at this point to list/enumerate all the labels.  If you have a specific label you'd like to look up, the `Label` option is a valid type for both the `search` and `searchSuggestions` endpoints.

Some of the objects also have a `label` value returned, which you could then use when making the `getArtistsForLabel` call.  For example, Albums have the field but it's listed as an Other Field, which means you need to explicitly call for it in the `extras` list

Hope that helps, sorry for the delayed response,

Rebecca Stecker
Rdio API Engineer