Rdio removed from EchoNest API?

Tom Andrew

Feb 18, 2015, 4:15:33 AM2/18/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,
I was just wondering how we go about Catalog matching our songs with your database? In the past your documentation says to use EchoNest however I've noticed Rdio has been removed from all EchoNest documentation. That said, the scripts I use still work with the Rdio buckets. ( example: http://developer.echonest.com/api/v4/song/search?api_key=YQOCUCOLLPTOECWLK&format=json&title=my%20iron%20lung&artist=radiohead&bucket=tracks&bucket=id:rdio-US)

I just need to know though if I should continue spending time and money on EchoNest/Rdio integration if these calls are going to stop working?

Thanks,
Tom

Devin Sevilla

Apr 3, 2015, 6:24:26 PM4/3/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom!

We're no longer partnering with The Echo Nest. Any Rdio identifiers
returned by their APIs is outdated.

Best

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.

Tom Andrew

Apr 17, 2015, 3:11:35 AM4/17/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Devin,
Just wondering how I go about catalog matching the songs now?

There is no documentation I can find. The only method I can find is the "Search" method but it says: "Do not use this method for catalog matching", but offers no alternative?

Thanks.

Devin Sevilla

Apr 24, 2015, 4:34:03 PM4/24/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 17, 2015 at 12:11 AM, Tom Andrew <tommy.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering how I go about catalog matching the songs now?
>
> There is no documentation I can find. The only method I can find is the
> "Search" method but it says: "Do not use this method for catalog matching",
> but offers no alternative?

We don't have an alternative that's self-service. We're looking into
building something, but it's low priority at the moment.

For partners, we offer a metadata dump of the Rdio catalog. If you're
interested in a formal partnership and getting access to the Rdio
metadata dump, you can email partne...@rd.io. Include what you're
building and how Rdio fits into it.

-- Devin

luisge...@fastmail.fm

Jun 21, 2015, 7:16:35 AM6/21/15
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I've been building a service that relies on catalog matching for over 3 months now. I would highly appreciate it if you would offer an alternative soon, otherwise my work is basically broken.