Listening History API

Rhett Garber

Apr 24, 2012, 3:49:37 PM4/24/12
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to get a hold of my listening history through the API, but I don't see a method for that.

Basically I want the data similar to what's available at http://www.rdio.com/#/people/rhettg/history/.

getActivityStream seems to only include adding albums to my collection which isn't near as interesting.

Is there a way to get at this that I missed or is there a particular reason this isn't included in the API?

Thanks,

Rhett

Ian McKellar

Apr 27, 2012, 3:28:38 AM4/27/12
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rhett,

The API we're using for play history currently isn't something we're comfortable exposing. We are working on a new play history system that will be more performant (good for our users) and will be sane enough to expose through our API (good for developers).

I expect that this new API will be available in the next couple of months but I don't want to make any promises - it's taken longer than I'd expected to get up and running.

Ian

Ian McKellar, API, Rdio Inc.
@ian @rdioapi

Simon Lawrence

Ian McKellar

May 11, 2012, 2:22:11 PM5/11/12
to Simon Lawrence, rdio...@googlegroups.com
We're actively working on this. I expect to have good news on this front very soon.

Ian

Adam

Jun 5, 2012, 4:17:17 PM6/5/12
to rdio...@googlegroups.com, i...@rd.io
Are there any updates on the status of the Listening History API?  I'm looking forward to this feature...

Thanks,
    Adam

Chris Bolton

Feb 10, 2013, 6:28:29 PM2/10/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
any updates on this?

Devin Sevilla

Feb 19, 2013, 9:27:12 PM2/19/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM, Chris Bolton <c...@chrisbolton.me> wrote:
> any updates on this?

We are currently implementing a new system for storing the playback
history, which should make it possible to expose the data to
developers. At a minimum, we are a few months away from introducing
new API features.

-- Devin

Derek

Jul 13, 2013, 11:56:56 AM7/13/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Updates?

Devin Sevilla

Jul 16, 2013, 6:07:09 PM7/16/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
None yet, I'll announce publicly whenever it's available.

-- Devin

Peter Watts

Oct 10, 2013, 11:52:07 AM10/10/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Just went to start on a project that requires this and found that it doesn't exist :(

So adding my voice to the chorus of people who would like to see it.

If it helps get the feature out quicker, I feel like history for just the currently authenticated user (not friends) would cover most use cases.

-peter

Kyle Boulay

Nov 23, 2013, 1:26:01 PM11/23/13
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I'm also very interested in this.

Hamilton Chapman

Jan 26, 2014, 6:18:15 PM1/26/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I too would love to get track playback history data to use in my app.

Any updates?

Kevin Mann

Feb 4, 2014, 5:05:01 PM2/4/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I need this too for our app. Any idea when it will be implemented?

Simon Lawrence

Feb 4, 2014, 5:20:37 PM2/4/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Given that the last response from a Rdio person was around two years ago, I wouldn't hold out much hope for listening history api endpoint.

Devin Sevilla

Feb 5, 2014, 12:50:04 PM2/5/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Hi Simon,

We're here and listening, unfortunately this project isn't a priority
right now and the effort to properly implement it isn't trivial. I
still bring it up as a feature requested by many developers. It will
happen some day, I can't say when.

--
Devin Sevilla
API Engineer, Rdio Inc.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/rdio-api/fbd6d3f4-595b-4bbf-9acb-59307e7edaff%40googlegroups.com.

Jonah Eaton

Apr 21, 2014, 2:08:01 PM4/21/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I thought I should add my name to the group of people who would be really interested in this feature. I would really like to get an idea how often i listen to certain albums and how my music tastes have changed over time.

Kevin Newcombe

May 5, 2014, 3:02:06 PM5/5/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I'll add my name to the list of people asking for this functionality. I'm currently using Last.fm for this, but since almost all of the music I listen to is through Rdio, it would be great to have everything in one API.

Cory McDaniel

May 17, 2014, 12:52:54 AM5/17/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
Another dev requesting said API.  If anything, just an way to get listened to artists.

Danny Hadley

Jun 27, 2014, 4:55:59 PM6/27/14
to rdio...@googlegroups.com
I'd like this for my personal website please please please! +1