SPARQLWrapper1-1.7.0_dev, sparqlstore appears to fail

nraphael

Apr 15, 2015, 1:29:58 PM4/15/15
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
The error message, somewhat misleadingly, is:

/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/SPARQLWrapper-1.7.0_dev-py2.7.egg/SPARQLWrapper/Wrapper.py:408: UserWarning: urlgrabber not installed in the system. The execution of this method has no effect.

In fact, the failure occurs due to the use of an unsupported (?) feature of urlgrabber, namely the subpackage, urlgrabber.keepalive, and its importing of a non-existent HTTPHandler class.

This appears to have been a local addition to urlgrabber by the developer, as the subpackage is absent from the official urlgrabber releases.

Thanks,

Nick

nraphael

Apr 15, 2015, 4:39:53 PM4/15/15
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Ok. The solution is to uninstall the urlgrabber installed through pip, and then go to http://urlgrabber.baseurl.org/download/, and grab the 3.9.0 release of urlgrabber. Subsequent releases have removed the keepalive subpackage.

Sorry for any inconvenience and hopefully this will help others.

Nick

Sergio Fernández

Apr 16, 2015, 8:32:20 AM4/16/15
to rdfli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nick,

Thanks for reporting the issue. Yes, looks like the as the keepalive
module has been removed in version 3.9.1 of urlgrabber.

I've just created issue #51 to keep track of the fix:

https://github.com/RDFLib/sparqlwrapper/issues/51

Cheers,
> --
> http://github.com/RDFLib