Fall Clean-up - Delays for the Moderated & A Few Thoughts

Cyclofiend Jim

Sep 5, 2016, 11:56:24 AM9/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey there -

Saw a post go through the queue this morning that said the person had been trying to get messages onto the board for a while.  That led me to heave open the doors to the root cellar of the google SPAM folder, where I found about a dozen requests to be unmoderated  had been living.  These extended back to July which kind of embarrassed the heck out of me.

I've passed everyone through who still had a valid email address and have contacted everyone whose status got updated.

If you had contacted me to change your status AND I did NOT do here's what may have happened.

- I may have missed your request. My error. A lot of icky stuff lives in the SPAM folder and I did do a fair amount of bulk deleting. Please email me one more time as I'm now aware of the SPAM folder conundrum.

- Your email address is bouncing (according to the google group bots) or inactive.

- You were only trying to sell equipment to the list.  I'm happy to pass those types of posts through (I do go through the queue at least every 48 hours) if they are RBW-influenced gear, but as stated, this group is about discussing topics of interest - not being a FS/FT venue.  Please join in the discussion at large and I'm happy to change your status.

Just as a reminder - this group works because folks keep it focused.  "OT" posts don't really belong here, so I'll tend to delete those as I find them.  Also - the quality of the discussion depends upon you adding to it.   We don't have to all agree on everything, but the tone and quality of the comments is much more important in a "faceless" venue than when we interact directly.

Thanks to everyone who has continued to keep the high quality of this group intact - I look forward to many more miles together.

- Jim / RBW Owners Bunch moderator

WETH

Sep 5, 2016, 12:36:58 PM9/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jim,
Thank you for all your efforts. This group is a gem, and I feel fortunate to be a part of it.
All the best,
Erl

Ray Varella

Sep 6, 2016, 12:32:45 PM9/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just out of curiosity Jim,
How does one go about requesting to be taken off moderation?

Thank you,
Ray

Jim Edgar

Sep 6, 2016, 12:37:04 PM9/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just out of curiosity Jim,
How does one go about requesting to be taken off moderation?

Simplest way is to contact me via email. That instruction is in the group message that should appear when you view the list online.

The less precise way is to contribute good quality stuff.  Usually after I see two or three such posts flow through the moderation queue from the same person, it finally dawns on me to update their status.

- Jim

Austin ^

Sep 12, 2016, 6:37:10 PM9/12/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I try to post stuff and it just goes straight into the void - sits in "waiting for moderation" then I can only assume has been deleted. No idea why, doesn't happen on other groups, can only assume this one is a little more grouchy and stand offish?

Cyclofiend Jim

Sep 12, 2016, 6:43:30 PM9/12/16
to rbw group
Hi Austin -

I've only seen three attempted posts from you so far (at least if you were using this email account.)

There was a comment in a B17 thread which got passed through, this one - also passed through - and another one right afterwards lamenting that your posts weren't going through.

As I post on the main page of the group - all new members are moderated, and the quickest way is to email me directly.

Hope that answers your concerns.

- Jim

Jim Edgar / cyclofiend.com / @cyclofiend

reynoldslugs

Dec 2, 2016, 12:36:30 PM12/2/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jim,
I join others in thanking you for your efforts.

BTW, I spent some time this morning on your old Cyclofiend site - - the flu has me working from home today, and I needed to improve my morale -  so I spent some time looking at the treasures you've collected on that site.  Great work, and thanks again.

Max Beach
Santa Rosa CA

Cyclofiend Jim

Dec 6, 2016, 12:20:42 PM12/6/16
to rbw group
Hey there Max -

Thanks for the kind words - always great to hear from you.

I keep looking at that and thinking about ways to evolve it.  Haven't hit on the right idea yet.

- J

Ryan Fleming