Rochester, NY Bike and Bike Fishing Opportunities

Call Me Jay

Sep 18, 2017, 7:53:30 AM9/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm headed up to Rochester next weekend for a wedding. My wife is in the wedding party so I'll have some down time. Any suggestions for a 2-3 hour ride? Any place to pull over and fly fish? I think our hotel is near the Erie Canal in Greece--how's that? Thanks in advance.

Alex Wirth- Owner, Yellow Haus Bicycles

Sep 18, 2017, 10:42:54 AM9/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi Jay!  Come visit us if you have the time, we are a Riv dealer located in the City of Rochester.

Check out the lehigh valley trail, genesee valley greenway, auburn trail and genesee riverway trail for ride ideas.  All of those trails can be accessed from the canal trail and we have some free local bike maps available if that's easiest.

For fly fishing, I would take a ride down to the local Orvis shop for the best/closest spots.  You can ride there via the canal path and a little offshoot called the "pittsford railroad loop"

Not sure how much of a purist you are, but there is plenty of panfish and bass fishing in the canal....if you travel a little south there are some really nice cold water streams.  Oatka Creek and Spring Brook to name a couple.
Message has been deleted

Call Me Jay

Sep 18, 2017, 12:23:18 PM9/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Alex,

Wow--your shop looks amazing. My wife and I are planning on stopping by next Friday. Thanks for the local knowledge.

Jay