PSA: 60cm Quickbeam on eBay

Belopsky

May 2, 2017, 8:44:00 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

William R.

May 2, 2017, 9:19:18 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice one. Always wanted one of these. My size. I don't quite have those funds... But, just in case, is that slight dent in the top tube near the saddle anything to be concerned about? Or is that another one of the many benefits of steel: not worrying about such things?

Bill in Westchester, NY

eflayer

May 2, 2017, 9:54:03 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'd worry more about blowing that much money on a dented and rusty bike than I would on any danger from the dent itself.

drew

May 2, 2017, 10:30:27 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
No expert, but I have 2 top tube dented bikes and everyone has told me they are purely cosmetic.

Bill

May 2, 2017, 10:53:29 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I don't understand how a seller would go through the effort to box the bike for shipping but otherwise would not bother to replace the taillight battery. It could just be a consignment and the lister presents the bike exactly as received, greasy, dirty, rusty, and dead battery, hoping to make some easy money.

Bob Lovejoy

May 2, 2017, 11:15:56 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I will add to the conversation that the seller does have excellent feedback and, looking through their past sales, has accepted best offers more than a few times.

I do suspect it is a consignment, taken in and presented mostly as they received it.  It is certainly a rider, not necessarily a show bike, but the bike looks well thought out and the parts would seem to be great upgrades.  My knees ache at even the mention of a fixed/single speed bike, and I do cringe a little at top tube dents and scrapes (though they happen far too easily in the real world), but if it was my size and I was indeed looking, I would consider the asking price or make an offer that made sense to me.

Bob Lovejoy
Galesburg, IL

Mojo

May 2, 2017, 11:31:49 AM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Wow tough crowd. I paid $900 for my green Quickbeam frame with just a headset. The components on this one are very nice. It is obvious the bike is in good shape even if there is some beausage. This isn't a great bargain but it doesn't seem crazy expensive. There is a reason I quit selling my Riv items here.

Joe in GJT

Richard Rios

May 2, 2017, 1:57:03 PM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
+1 Mojo, and while I haven't quite thrown in the towel yet...after my last selling experience here I do agree this can be an "interesting" crowd to sell to !). I noticed surly and salsa has a trder / for sale page on facebook, I haven't noticed one for Rivs but might be something to that idea. Anyway I've also noticed that while under no pretense of manners and general niceness, that there arnt people making snarkey remarks about the asking prices even if / when they might seem a bit high. Having bought and sold way to much bike stuff (for me anway) I don't disparage people's asking prices. I assume that like myself, they are prolly gonna dump the money back into a different project or trying to recoup some of their losses on previous sales of bike stuff. If a deal is sweet GREAT! Good for the person who scores said deal. Otherwise I'm not sure what the negativity about asking prices on this list is all about. And yes there are cases that are funny and a bit obscene like the 50-100 Riv waterbottles on ebay and, no this doesn't apply to the entire list, I've had lots a cool easy transactions too, and yes to each his own as to what they consider fair prices...but really!?

Best,
Richard

Neil

May 2, 2017, 2:21:29 PM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey all, I'm the one selling this bike for a friend of mine. Feel free to contact me directly if you would like to deal peer-to-peer for a better deal. eBay takes considerable fees so the bike is priced to absorb that ~$150 hit in fees. Still, the deal is very fair considering how nicely the bike is put together with some high end parts. It rides just perfect!

Mr. Eddie Flayer-- the bike isn't rusty but some of the bolts holding the fenders on are. I don't think your comment is very kind.

Thanks!

-Neil

eflayer

May 2, 2017, 4:29:15 PM5/2/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
as Neil Young would say "rust never sleeps."

Eric Daume

May 2, 2017, 7:20:10 PM5/2/17
to rbw-owners-bunch
I just want to say that this post has some of the best quality, clearest photos I've seen in a long time.

Not my size, though!

Eric
Plain City, OH

adam leibow

May 4, 2017, 12:53:21 AM5/4/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
some of you guys are psycho. i literally see zero evidence of rust in any of the photos, and it is barely mentioned in the description.

Neil

May 4, 2017, 11:10:45 PM5/4/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Quickbeam is SOLD! Thanks for everyone's interest.

Chris Birkenmaier

May 5, 2017, 11:15:54 AM5/5/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great!  It looked like a nice bike to me.  I have one and it is a wonderful rider.

Richard Rios

May 5, 2017, 1:39:45 PM5/5/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
nice. someone is gonna be very happy quickbeams and simpleones are SWEET bike$!

Best,
Richard