Cheviot woolens

Tim Butterfield

Sep 27, 2016, 5:15:58 PM9/27/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:52 AM, Bill Lindsay <tape...@gmail.com> wrote:
Just for fun, here is a photo I snapped in a generic woolen-goods shop in Inverness Scotland, last year:

The picture in that link looks like Kilt Hose.  Reminds me I haven't worn mine at all this year.  Maybe we need a Rivendell tartan.  I wonder what that would look like.  Anyone ride a bike while wearing a kilt?

Tim

Tim Gavin

Sep 27, 2016, 5:21:16 PM9/27/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
There are several bike teams around me (Cedar Rapids, IA) that wear kilts as a team "uniform"; each team picks its own tartan.  The ladies usually wear shorty kilts, where the men wear standard length (both over their cycling shorts).

These are the type of "drinking teams with a cycling problem" that make RAGBRAI and "social" riding so popular around here.

Tim

Lungimsam

Sep 27, 2016, 9:53:02 PM9/27/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think hill bubbah on flikr is bill lindsay here

Do they ise skirt guards on their bikes when riding in full kilt?