Bar bag for the Riv Bullmoose bar?

Zach Duval

May 15, 2017, 9:50:01 PM5/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Any recommendations for a mid-sized bag to loop around a set of Bullmoose bars, one that won't interfere with brake and shifter cables?

Thanks!

adam leibow

May 15, 2017, 11:27:00 PM5/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have these bars and can try them with the roadrunner jammer if that's the size bag you're looking for. the jammer i ordered hasnt arrived though.

Joe Bernard

May 15, 2017, 11:29:08 PM5/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
You can't go wrong with Riv's Bar Tube. I don't know if it qualifies as mid-size, but I've jammed a ridiculous amount of stuff in both of mine. It's also nice with the hook-and-loop straps 'cause it's easy to take with you for a quick store run.

drew

May 16, 2017, 1:19:22 AM5/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I agree on the bar tube. It fits nicely on my bullmoose, but I always carry too much to fit in it...as such, I have a newish dark brown one if you're interested

Surlyprof

May 17, 2017, 1:12:33 AM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
If it doesn't interfere with the cables, I love the Multisack. Great bag that holds a surprising amount. I thought they had shown it mounted on a Bullmoose on the Blug somewhere but I wasn't able to find it again. I bet if you sent Riv a picture of your setup, they'd let you know if it would work or not.

John

panog

May 17, 2017, 2:35:18 AM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
The Acorn handlebar bag is another choice. It hangs straight because it's reinforced with a dowel across its width.

lconley

May 17, 2017, 9:03:58 AM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Jandd Mountain Handle Pack I - designed specifically for Bullmoose bars - triangular shape and sits on top of the triangle of the bars.

ian m

May 17, 2017, 12:05:56 PM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm a big fan of the Carradice-style saddlebag up front. Works great and Bullmoose friendly. Front rack recommended. Here is a not so great photo of setup in action

Will Ashe

May 17, 2017, 12:56:59 PM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Still waiting for my Jammer too. I would think it'd be a good choice as well.

Zach Duval

May 20, 2017, 7:35:16 PM5/20/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Could anyone post a picture of their preferred bag set up on the Bullmoose bars?

I'm leaning toward the Swift Bandito or small Zeitgeist, though I may need to reroute the cables (I didn't set them up with much foresight, unfortunately).

Thanks for the suggestions so far!

Wayne Naha

May 21, 2017, 10:37:53 AM5/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

Here is what is on my Clem.  The Bosco Bullmoose (BBM) bars do present a challenge regarding interference with cables.  This bag is one of David Banzer's offerings from Treetop Bags.  I wouldn't call it "mid-sized" though, more trending towards small, but it fits the space!  The Bar Tube looks bigger from the pictures in the description.

Scott Blouke

May 21, 2017, 10:46:16 AM5/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Well I don't have a bullmoose bar but I do have a Boscomoose and they look like they have similarly long extensions.
And I got my Road Runner Bags Jammer bag in yesterday.  Not for this bike but I thought I might put it on there for you and take a picture.
So since i have a hard time judging size without some frame of reference i put 5 water bottles in 4 22oz and 1 26oz because they were the ones I grabbed.
This bag is really nice and I think a good size and if they make a larger one I will probably buy it as well.
My only complaint on initial playing with it is that I really dislike cam buckles so I will hopefully go out today and source some 1" Velcro one wrap and see if that does the trick.
20170521_064532.jpg
20170521_064615.jpg
20170521_064609.jpg

Jim S.

May 21, 2017, 10:46:59 AM5/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I've been pleased with the Sackville xsmall saddlebag under bullmoose bars, (although I slightly wish I had brown).
IMG_4895.JPG