FS: Rapha & Castelli; Jerseys & Shorts; Wool & Not

Jack K

Mar 14, 2015, 12:01:20 PM3/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Hey RBW folk,

Continuing to convert my unused bike bits to cash money ...   Last week it was racks, now a bunch of jerseys and a couple pairs of shorts, some brand new, with tags attached. Many received as birthday and Christmas gifts last year from relatives, who selected from a list I prepared. Unfortunately some did not fit well and others I would prefer to convert to cash now, as I was recently laid off from my position at IBM. BTW, if anyone knows of a position for an experienced quantitative analyst / operations research professional (extensive background in mathematical optimization and simulation), please let me know!

Note, will ship any clothing order for $4.50, no matter how many items in the order. Here’s the stuff!

1) Rapha Italy Country Jersey, long sleeve, in size LARGE. Blue jersey with Italian flag colored chest stripes, celebrating Ottavio Bottechia, the Tour winner who died in unexplained circumstances in 1927. Measures just shy of 21" across the chest just under the arm pits, pulled smooth, but not stretched.  Sold out, but was $200+ when available.  $155 + shipping.

2) New, tags still attached, Castelli long sleeve wool blend, size LARGE, beautiful scarlet red with black and cream accents. Looks-wise this is my favorite Jersey of the lot, but the Castelli fit is slightly too tight for me. This jersey measures 19" across the chest (seam-to-seam) just under the arm pits, pulling it smooth, but without stretching. The only similar one I can find is this one at Sierra Tradingpost for $160. http://tinyurl.com/pxj2y6y  Looking for $120 + shipping.

3) New, all tags attached, Rapha "Phoenix" commemorative team jersey in size LARGE. It's this one:
http://tinyurl.com/os3q3zg   Commemorates some historical Tour de France team, I believe from the 30s or 40s. Sorry, I forgot the exact backstory. Super high end details, all embroidered. Measures 21" across the chest just under the arm pits. When available this sold for $220+. $165 + shipping.

4) New, never worn, but tags removed Castelli, wicking synthetic, LARGE. Understated white with black chest stripe and red details. It’s the white one here: http://tinyurl.com/pxwsnll   I measure 20” across chest just under arm pits. $40 + shipping

5) New, all tags attached Pear Izumi Pursuit MEDIUM. It’s white with black sleeves, like this one: http://tinyurl.com/mbhotd2   Specifically designed to keep you cool in hot weather. Mesh side panels for air flow and In-R-Cool™ fabric combine to keep you cool in the sweatiest of weather. I was skeptical of fabrics like In-R-Cool™, which claim to cool the user (read about it at the link above), until I got a pair of arm “coolers” in this fabric last summer at the peak of the North Carolina heat. The effect is AMAZING! I am 100% sold on this fabric for hot, sweaty riding and will be purchasing this jersey in a size large. I bought this from the discount rack at my LBS last fall and just now noticed that the attached tag says it’s a factory “irregular”. I can’t find anying wrong with it and other than being over tight on me, the fit seems perfectly normal. $40 + shipping.

6) Used “Bianchi Sportswear” retro styled synthetic jersey. Light blue with “BIANCHI” screened on white chest band. Styled after Bianchi team jerseys of the 60's and 70's, but it's made from a wicking synthetic of some sort. Marked “XXL”, but more like a US medium or Castelli large. Measures 20” across chest just under arm pits.  About 15 years ago I wore this pretty consistently through a summer, then retired it when I outgrew it. Been stored in a drawer since then. Shows use, with a couple of small fabric pulls and a slight smudge or two, but still very wearable. $20 + shipping

7) New, all tags attached, 2014 Castelli Free Aero bib shorts, size MEDIUM, all black with small “Castelli” screened around band at bottom of each leg. Some of the highest rated bibs out there, Castelli’s best pad, understated looks. Purchased for $160 on end of season sale at BikeTiresDirect (down from $200). A little too tight for me when I tried on, but didn’t return in time. Doh!  $150 + Shipping

8) As-new Canari cycling shorts, size MEDIUM. Made in USA, 8 panels, all black with simple, thin fleece-like pad. Purchased new in the early 2000’s (2003-ish) and never worn until last summer. Removed tags and wore for one weekend when I’d left my “good shorts” in my car and left my car at the car dealer for service. Fit me perfectly and love the matte fabric and understated look, but after two rides I was wishing for the chi-chi 3-D molded (some would say “diaper-like”) pad in my modern shorts. Tough to find high quality shorts with minimal padding anymore.  $20 + Shipping

If you see something you like, but think I'm off on the pricing, please make an offer. Cheers and safe riding!

-Jack

Raleigh, NC

rapha i 1.JPG
DSCN0117.JPG
phoenix-zipper.jpg
DSCN0110.JPG

Jack K

Apr 1, 2015, 9:27:54 PM4/1/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Hey RBW-folk,

Reposting jerseys/shorts for sale that I first posted a few weeks ago. Some items sold, remaining items mostly reduced prices -- see quoted original FS post below. Photos in original post ...

Thanks and safe riding!

-Jack

Raleigh, NC

On Saturday, March 14, 2015 at 12:01:20 PM UTC-4, Jack K wrote:

Hey RBW folk,

Continuing to convert my unused bike bits to cash money ...   Last week it was racks, now a bunch of jerseys and a couple pairs of shorts, some brand new, with tags attached. Many received as birthday and Christmas gifts last year from relatives, who selected from a list I prepared. Unfortunately some did not fit well and others I would prefer to convert to cash now, as I was recently laid off from my position at IBM. BTW, if anyone knows of a position for an experienced quantitative analyst / operations research professional (extensive background in mathematical optimization and simulation), please let me know!

Note, will ship any clothing order for $4.50, no matter how many items in the order. Here’s the stuff!

1) Rapha Italy Country Jersey, long sleeve, in size LARGE.    SOLD

2) New, tags still attached, Castelli long sleeve wool blend, size LARGE, beautiful scarlet red with black and cream accents. Looks-wise this is my favorite Jersey of the lot, but the Castelli fit is slightly too tight for me. This jersey measures 19" across the chest (seam-to-seam) just under the arm pits, pulling it smooth, but without stretching. The only similar one I can find is this one at Sierra Tradingpost for $160. http://tinyurl.com/pxj2y6y  Looking for $120 + shipping.   Now $105 + shipping

3) New, all tags attached, Rapha "Phoenix" commemorative team jersey in size LARGE. It's this one:

http://tinyurl.com/os3q3zg   Commemorates some historical Tour de France team, I believe from the 30s or 40s. Sorry, I forgot the exact backstory. Super high end details, all embroidered. Measures 21" across the chest just under the arm pits. When available this sold for $220+. $165 + shipping.    Now $155 + shipping

4) New, never worn, but tags removed Castelli, wicking synthetic, LARGE. Understated white with black chest stripe and red details. It’s the white one here: http://tinyurl.com/pxwsnll   I measure 20” across chest just under arm pits. $40 + shipping   Now $38 + shipping

5) New, all tags attached Pear Izumi Pursuit MEDIUM. It’s white with black sleeves, like this one: http://tinyurl.com/mbhotd2   Specifically designed to keep you cool in hot weather. Mesh side panels for air flow and In-R-Cool™ fabric combine to keep you cool in the sweatiest of weather. I was skeptical of fabrics like In-R-Cool™, which claim to cool the user (read about it at the link above), until I got a pair of arm “coolers” in this fabric last summer at the peak of the North Carolina heat. The effect is AMAZING! I am 100% sold on this fabric for hot, sweaty riding and will be purchasing this jersey in a size large. I bought this from the discount rack at my LBS last fall and just now noticed that the attached tag says it’s a factory “irregular”. I can’t find anying wrong with it and other than being over tight on me, the fit seems perfectly normal. Retails for $85.   $40 + shipping.   Now $38 + shipping

6) Used “Bianchi Sportswear” retro styled synthetic jersey. Light blue with “BIANCHI” screened on white chest band. Styled after Bianchi team jerseys of the 60's and 70's, but it's made from a wicking synthetic of some sort. Marked “XXL”, but more like a US medium or Castelli large. Measures 20” across chest just under arm pits.  About 15 years ago I wore this pretty consistently through a summer, then retired it when I outgrew it. Been stored in a drawer since then. Shows use, with a couple of small fabric pulls and a slight smudge or two, but still very wearable. $20 + shipping

7) New, all tags attached, 2014 Castelli Free Aero bib shorts, size MEDIUM, all black with small “Castelli” screened around band at bottom of each leg. Some of the highest rated bibs out there, Castelli’s best pad, understated looks. Purchased for $160 on end of season sale at BikeTiresDirect (down from $200). A little too tight for me when I tried on, but didn’t return in time. Doh!  $150 + Shipping.  Now $145 + shipping

8) As-new Canari cycling shorts, size MEDIUM. Made in USA, 8 panels, all black with simple, thin fleece-like pad. Purchased new in the early 2000’s (2003-ish) and never worn until last summer. Removed tags and wore for one weekend when I’d left my “good shorts” in my car and left my car at the car dealer for service. Fit me perfectly and love the matte fabric and understated look, but after two rides I was wishing for the chi-chi 3-D molded (some would say “diaper-like”) pad in my modern shorts. Tough to find high quality shorts with minimal padding anymore.  $20 + Shipping.  Now $18 + shipping