FS: DeSalvo Lugged All-road bike, WorkCycles Fr8, Salsa Primero frameset -- PDX

Aaron Schmidt

Jun 24, 2016, 9:34:32 PM6/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey all -- Clearly these bikes aren't from Rivendell, but I think they're Rivendell in spirit. Especially the DeSalvo, which I modeled after the Roadeo. Hope folks are okay with the post.

Hit me up with any questions.

Thanks!

Aaron Schmidt
Portland, OR

DeSalvo Lugged All-road - $2000
Awesome, light, all-road bike! Ride on the road and grind some gravel.

The bike should fit folks 5'11"ish to 6'3"ish

2012 bike

Prefer local deal but will ship for an extra $100

Frame details
  • Columbus Life tubing
  • Fits up to (true) 32c tires. I've even squeezed fenders in at this size, but fenders fit better with 28c tires.
  • Eyelets for fenders
  • Three sets of water bottle braze-ons
  • Low rider braze-ons on fork for the option of attaching a small rack
  • Geometry specs attached.

Parts on the frame
  • White Industries Crank. Currently 50/30 but you can get whatever size rings you want.
  • White Industries BB
  • Campy Chorus 10 speed brifters
  • Campy triple rear derailleur
  • Campy cassette 12 - 30
  • Paul Racer braze-on brakes (like these a lot!)
  • Nitto bar (42)
  • Nitto stem
  • Thompson post
  • Fizik saddle
  • Wheels are Campy Record (front) and Chorus (rear) laced to Velocity Aerohead rims with DT Revolution triple butted spokes
  • Grand Bois Cypres tires

WorkCycle FR8 - $1500
Haul your kid and/or a lot of cargo with this sweet bike from the Netherlands. We've simply outgrown it, but *loved* this bike, especially having our little guy sitting right in front of us.

I'd say this setup is great for kids under 65 pounds, unless it is just for short, flat trips. Full size passenger can ride sidesaddle on the back too. Super fun!

Or, take the kids seat off and just use this for a cargo bike. The rack is attached to the frame and doesn't turn with the wheel.

- Fits people from 5' to almost 7' -- great for sharing between people.

- Hub dynamo led lighting, wired front and rear!

- Fully encased chain requires virtually no lubrication or cleaning

- Built-in locks; meant to be stored outside for decades

This thing isn't light, so I'd prefer a local deal but if you really want this bike maybe we can work out the shipping.

New this setup costs about $3000. We've had this for a few years but the bike is in great shape and is meant to last a lifetime.

We're pricing it cheap at $1500 for the right buyer. Open to trades for cool stuff too!

More details on CleverCycles site (where we bought it)

Salsa Primero frameset (plus CK headset) - $500
The claim to fame for this frame is that it is made of True Temper S3 tubing. Salsa had to stop production of it because it was too expensive.

A great and rare frame! I've ridden this bike a lot so there are some paint chips and scratches. But I've never abused it and it is in perfect mechanical shape.

Has an Alpha Q carbon fork with carbon steerer tube. Put together with a Chris King headset.

That translates into a 59 effective top tube. I'm 6'3" and it fit great.

Fits 25c tires (or a 28 in back if you want).

Prefer pickup in Portland but will ship for another $50.

Aaron Schmidt

Jun 26, 2016, 5:39:00 PM6/26/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
WorkCycle has been sold.