WTT :: 68cm Quickbeam for Huge Rosco Mixte

Amit Singh

May 23, 2018, 10:08:31 PM5/23/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Friends,

After spending some time with Manny this weekend and being encouraged by his enthusiasm, I am looking to trade my 68cm Quickbeam for a Huge Rosco Mixte.

We are currently 7 months pregnant - and with a kiddo on the way - I would like to have an easier time including the little one on some bicycle adventures.

A few photos of the Quickbeam follow at this link:

Many thanks!

Amit
Message has been deleted

Kainalu V.

May 24, 2018, 12:00:44 AM5/24/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
The huge Rosco is an amazing bike, as is a 68 Quickbeam, best of luck finding a trade. Curious how you feel about the big Clem low, not that I've got one to trade, but what makes you want the Rosco step through specifically? I've got a 65 Clem high and the Rosco, I take my kids on both. The Rosco can do anything, there's no argument that it's the greatest bike ever made for us upper outliers. It's good looking and better riding. But, for kid hauling specifically, the Clem's even longer wheelbase is phenomenal. So my advice (not that you're asking) is get that Rosco!, but should that not work out, the Clem's there waiting.
Parenting rules! Enjoy.
-Kai
BKNY

James Warren

May 24, 2018, 12:05:49 PM5/24/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Hey, you got one of the mis-placed dowel Nigel tweed seat bags! The mis-placed dowel provided a deep discount, and I like the way it makes the bag sit. One of the best deals ever!

May 25, 2018, 11:56:47 AM5/25/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Clem Low = Thumbs Up ! :)

I like the wheely long wheelbase ... oh gawd. I'm becoming a corny dad already.

Jim Bronson

May 25, 2018, 1:47:23 PM5/25/18
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Where have I been?  When did Riv produce a huge Rosco?

signature goes here

MartyG

May 25, 2018, 2:11:47 PM5/25/18
to RBW Owners Bunch

On Friday, May 25, 2018 at 1:47:23 PM UTC-4, Jim Bronson wrote:
Where have I been?  When did Riv produce a huge Rosco?

It's been more than a year. I think they made nine using leftover Hunqapillar forks. Sold out on day one as I recall. Here's mine:

Kainalu V.

May 25, 2018, 3:39:59 PM5/25/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think it was called the Will's Mountain Mixte, and it's awesome. Here's mine with attached kiddo.
-Kai
BKNY
20180421_141841.jpg

John Philip

May 26, 2018, 7:15:47 AM5/26/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
I agree! Here's mine:
IMG_8182.jpg

John G.

May 26, 2018, 7:24:11 AM5/26/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
We really need to complete the set and get pics of all 9 posted here.

Coal Bee Rye Anne

May 26, 2018, 7:41:38 AM5/26/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
If I remember correctly there was one extra sold a little bit later after the initial sale but maybe that was one of the original 9 and someone had to back out of the presale? I forget the details but anyone on this list grab that last one that became available later?

Both of these models (68QB & WMMixte) were/are on my wishlist but happily riding my 65cm ClemH!

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ

Abcyclehank

May 26, 2018, 3:15:16 PM5/26/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Brian Cole,
I either have one that someone backed out of the mystery 10th one. Called to buy one on a Thursday afternoon and talked to Will; have a checking account (debit card) for hobbies and was like $50 short. Called Friday afternoon Michigan time after I deposited a check and Will informed me that they surprising was a rush on them and they were out. He apologized even though he had no reason to do so. But said one may become available. 48hrs later I was the lucky owner of Will’s inspiration and Grant’s design mentoring to land a Jumbo Rosco Mountain Mixte.
Forever grateful to Grant’s commitment to outliers like myself with a 99+cm PBH, and Will for continuing the generous thoughts that don’t make sense from a bottom line business approach but had been the Rivendell way from ‘94 on. Bless this company and all those who have ever worked there past and present. Great people doing very good things in the name of biking and living life and making the world a better place.

Back to Amit, he is a “true friend” with Michigan ties and an amazing human being, so even though we have only met a handful of times in person, if that, I considered “gifting” him mine; but he is to gracious to accept. However negotiation continue.

RMH
West Michigan

Coal Bee Rye Anne

May 27, 2018, 11:25:06 PM5/27/18
to RBW Owners Bunch
Nice score Ryan and glad it worked out for you to land that last one. Also very generous of you to offer it to Amit... hopefully you both manage to own one at the same time.

I was back and forth between preordering a 65cm Clem vs waiting for the Jumbo Rosco to be finalized but ultimately chose Clem. Glad I did since I was too slow to catch the Jumbo Rosco update before all were claimed anyway.

Sorry for hijacking your thread, Amit, and best of luck in your search for a trade.

Brian Cole
Lawrenceville NJ