Invitation to Samuel P. Taylor Bike Camping (Sat Feb 4 to Sun Feb 5)

Irving

Jan 17, 2017, 1:21:53 PM1/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Posted this to the Bay Area Rivendell Riders group, but thought it might be relevant here as well for you Bay Area folk:

Last year, I reserved a group campsite at S480 at Samuel P. Taylor during Super Sportsbowl Weekend and it was a blast.

It was some awesome, that I ended up reserving the same Madrone Group Campsite at Samuel P. Taylor State Park for Saturday February 4th, 2017. The site is pretty huge and there are flush toilets and showers, multiple picnic tables, a fire ring, a few outdoor grills and the campground host sells firewood.

I'm open for the route this year: we can either do the normal road way through Fairfax to the Cross Marin Trail (if conditions are favorable) to the campsite, or we can do some combination of dirt in the Headlands + Old Rail Road Grade en route to Fairfax. Also like last year, there are no planned activities, but last year some of us hiked up Mount Barnabe and others biked out to Point Reyes Station or Marshall Beach.

Please let me know if you plan on attending or know anyone else who is interested in joining. Estimated costs are $10-$15 per person to chip in for campground reservation and firewood costs. Bring your own food and drink, but sharing and trading are encouraged too!

I know the weather has been pretty crummy so far this year, and I will be monitoring the weather forecasts and updating the group if cancellation is necessary, but I'd really appreciate an RSVP so I can get a semi-accurate headcount.

Questions, comments, concerns?

adam leibow

Jan 23, 2017, 6:16:30 PM1/23/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Irving, this sounds awesome and i think im going to try my best to make it.

BSWP

Jan 24, 2017, 12:08:41 AM1/24/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the heads up, and I replied on the BARR group. It will be fun to see Riv folk on the year's first campout. Debating whether to ride the LongLow or the QuickBeam... that hill past Fairfax... oof!

- Andrew, Berkele

SSL

Jan 24, 2017, 1:06:51 PM1/24/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think I crossed paths with y'all last year on your way up to Samuel P Taylor. Count me in +1.

On Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 10:21:53 AM UTC-8, Irving wrote:
Message has been deleted

Irving

Feb 9, 2017, 1:27:20 PM2/9/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
So this thing happened last weekend and I spotted at least 3 Hillborne's, 3 Hunqapillar's, 2 Cheviot's, 1 Rivendell Custom (?), and a Bridgestone XO-1.

Here's the rest of the ride report if you want to read some words and see some pretty pictures: http://www.boyzonthehoods.com/?p=2803