Just in time for the new Mad Max movie ...

Patrick Moore

May 15, 2015, 7:22:15 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Newly be-fendered, and in a rush, thanks to recent rainy weather. Must fix that front fender line.

Riv content: the fenders make the Fargo even more Rivendellian-ish-istic.

Question: has anyone found a way to arrange a front fender so that, when you splash through a 6" deep puddle at 17 mph, the spray doesn't soak your shoes? Flaps don't seem to help me with such situations, even much longer and wider ones than that shown.

Patrick "the Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla!" Moore

Inline image 1
Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

Deacon Patrick

May 15, 2015, 8:32:20 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Lift your feet to the side as you coast through?

With abandon,
Patrick

Garth

May 16, 2015, 12:27:45 PM5/16/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

A cup-o-lah suggestions for "wet feet"  .....

Make some flaps from stair treads .... http://www.phred.org/~alex/bikes/fendermudflap.html

and from your pic of the Fargo it seems the bottom of the front fender is quite close to the tire, try making it further away from the tire, like it appears in your rear fender .

otherwise .....  yeah . .  be like pee-wee  lol ;-)

cyclotourist

May 16, 2015, 12:33:28 PM5/16/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Love that GIF.

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

ascpgh

May 16, 2015, 8:50:57 PM5/16/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Here's what I envision:

Your example is deeper water, so just yell "whee" in a little longer.

Andy Cheatham

Pittsburgh

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Manuel Acosta

May 16, 2015, 10:56:36 PM5/16/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Patrick Moore

May 17, 2015, 12:26:05 PM5/17/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Whee is right! Pee Whee!

I've improve the front fender line, though the very high " crown" and the need to avoid TCO mean that it can't be perfectly consistent.

I took a short cut home the other day, the day of the downpour (it's our wettest spring in 10 or so years, apparently) and the fenders did yeoman service in fending off the mud -- most of the route was sandy and therefore harmless, but a few patches were almost clay-like and beside causing slipping and sliding the stuff was thrown up by the wheels in big gobs.

Oh, and the Campmore rain cape also worked very nicely.