Price drop on El Fito at Ibex

Dan McNamara

May 20, 2016, 2:16:06 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just noticed that Ibex dropped the price on the closeout El Fito 3/4 and tights on their website.

$49.99 and $64.99 respectively. Not available in all sizes for the tights.

Remove the pad and you are good to go. These are great wool cycling "pants" for cooler weather.

Dan

Tim Gavin

May 20, 2016, 2:30:18 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nice prices, available in XL!  Thanks for the heads-up.  I have two pairs of Ibex cycling shorts and they're excellent.

Dan

Belopsky

May 20, 2016, 6:12:37 PM5/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
or keep the pad and pack on miles?

Eric Norris

May 20, 2016, 7:21:41 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Do you have a link? I'm not seeing any sale prices in their online store:

http://shop.ibex.com/activity/mens-cycling

Eric N
www.CampyOnly.com
CampyOnlyGuy.blogspot.com
Twitter: @CampyOnlyGuy

Robert F. Harrison

May 20, 2016, 7:44:08 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Just use their search box for 'El Fito' and you should see 'em.

Aloha,

Bob

--
Robert Harrison
Wu Name: Tha Eurythmic King of Nowhere

Daniel D.

May 20, 2016, 8:07:41 PM5/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the heads up

Eric Norris

May 20, 2016, 8:08:01 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Got it.

–Eric N

Dan McNamara

May 20, 2016, 10:34:24 PM5/20/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Yes. The pad is not too bad.

Looks like the 3/4 "knickers" are still available in all sizes. Those are my personal favs. At $50 they are a great deal with or without pad.

Not an ibex employee. Just love wool.

Dan

Lungimsam

May 21, 2016, 12:12:47 AM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Do not walk, but run to your computer and get them while you can. I love their tights and 3/4 tights. So comfortable and soft and unrestricted movement.

Did all my distance riding in them during the last year. Pads are fantastic, too. But I guess that is personal.

I got them on sale, too, the 3/4 last year and the full tights this year. I buy way up for fear of shrinkage. But no shrinkage yet. Wash cold, lay flat to dry.

I am 5'8" max. and 170 lbs. and I have the XXL 3/4 and the XL full length fito. Both fit great and have been wonderful on rides up to 130 miles. Haven't ridden them further than that. A little baggy in the seat on the XXL 3/4 while walking. But they were fantastic on the bike on centuries and the 130 mile ride. Everything stays in place. Don't be afraid to buy up a size.

Belopsky

May 21, 2016, 8:18:34 AM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
FYI, this stuff should not shrink unless you really try to. I have lots of Ibex and it's all pre-shrunk. I believe that the dryer lowers the life-span of the garments, but does not shrink them.

Lungimsam

May 21, 2016, 9:11:07 AM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wash with ecover and dry flat. So far they haven't shrunk from what I can tell. I like the ease of movement with the larger sizes.

It is funny because, as small a person as I am I don't see how anyone fits into a small or medium size bike short.  Even when I first started cycling and bought spandex shorts, I wore L and XL.

I could see a 135lb. 5'7" person in a M size, but I don't get the small sizes. Maybe bike clothes are racer sized?

Clayton

May 21, 2016, 11:45:08 AM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch

Thanks for the info. I ordered a pair. Screaming deal. I am hoping to divest myself of a drawer of old, stretched out, and too large lycra tights, which I never wear.

Clayton (Bend)

Belopsky

May 21, 2016, 5:59:23 PM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
managed to sell some things this morning and ordered myself the long tights

Daniel D.

May 21, 2016, 7:40:49 PM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I ordered a medium 5'8" 155. You guys kinda have me worried But you guys are used to billowy MUSA stuff :p so maybe it's ok,

Eric Norris

May 21, 2016, 7:41:37 PM5/21/16
to RBW
I used their sizing chart. Hope it works.

On May 21, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Daniel D. <dddo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I ordered a medium 5'8" 155. You guys kinda have me worried But you guys are used to billowy MUSA stuff :p so maybe it's ok,

Dan McNamara

May 21, 2016, 7:54:34 PM5/21/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I am 5' 10" 153 with a 30" waist and can do either a small or medium. Actually prefer the small. Not a fan of the current  MUSA cut - too loose for me.

On May 21, 2016, at 4:40 PM, Daniel D. <dddo...@gmail.com> wrote:

I ordered a medium 5'8" 155. You guys kinda have me worried But you guys are used to billowy MUSA stuff :p so maybe it's ok,

Belopsky

May 21, 2016, 8:01:03 PM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I went with a large but I think a medium would work to - emailed Ibex to see if they can change the order, but either case Im sure it'll be OK

Chris Birkenmaier

May 21, 2016, 8:08:53 PM5/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for the heads up on this.  I had looked both the long and the 3/4 tights a number of times but just never went through with ordering them.  I got 2 pairs of each type so I should be set!

Madam Xylene

May 24, 2016, 3:21:42 PM5/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just ordered two pairs, already have two pairs. Good for 9 mile commute as well as600k. Machine wash with wool soap, low water temp, air dry and no change in fit. Perfect for foggy Bay Area weather! I'm 5'8" weight 135 lbs female with longish legs slim hips, ladies medium works for me.

Madam Xylene

May 24, 2016, 3:24:05 PM5/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
PS Wear 3/4 tights.

Daniel D.

May 24, 2016, 6:34:18 PM5/24/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
lots of good stuff on sale that lightweight jacket northridge(?) for ~$50 is calling me. if I hadn't already put in my order for the fito and paid shipping...

On Tuesday, May 24, 2016 at 12:24:05 PM UTC-7, Madam Xylene wrote:
PS Wear 3/4 tights.

Richard

May 25, 2016, 8:09:16 AM5/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Just ordered the 3/4 El Fito. I own an older pair that have seen many mIles and held up well. Highly recommended for colder climates.
Message has been deleted

Daniel D.

May 26, 2016, 10:46:50 AM5/26/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Got my order yesterday 3/4 medium fits me perfectly.  5'8" 155 31-32" waist,  Surprised no drawstring. Usually a bib fan. How does the elastic waist band hold up over time, does it start drooping after a couple of years?

Tim Gavin

May 26, 2016, 11:16:06 AM5/26/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Daniel-

I have a pair of Ibex bike shorts that I bought used, and have used heavily myself for the past 18 months.  The elastic waist still has the same tension (just right, actually) as the day I received them.

I ordered the El Fito full tights and the 3/4 tights.  Thanks for the heads-up, list!

Tim

Robert F. Harrison

May 26, 2016, 1:07:58 PM5/26/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
BTW - After hemming and hawing for a bit I've ordered a pair of the 3/4 El Fito. They're really too heavy for me in Hawaii except for those rare cold mornings. But I do travel to the mainland in early March every year so I figure they'll get some use.

That's not why I'm sending this though - Ibex is now having their Memorial Day sale with 20% selected items including bike liners and such.

Aloha,

Bob

Dan

Chris Birkenmaier

May 27, 2016, 9:35:30 AM5/27/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I got mine yesterday. Got 2 pairs each of the 3/4 and the El FIto. They were heavier in weight than I expected. But that's ok. I'm in PA and it gets cold here