PSA: 54cm Quickbeam on Los Angeles Craigslist

sameness

Feb 11, 2016, 9:58:36 PM2/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Seems like a good build with lots of extras at what I'd consider a bargain:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/5443873624.html

Not mine, no affiliation, etc.

Jeff Hagedorn
Los Angeles, CA USA

cyclotourist

Feb 11, 2016, 10:49:48 PM2/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very cool! And orange... yum!

Weird how it begs to have 650B wheels on it though!
> --

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

sameness

Feb 11, 2016, 11:48:57 PM2/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
cyclot...@gmail.com wrote:
Weird how it begs to have a 60cm frame on it though!

Agreed.

cyclotourist

Feb 11, 2016, 11:51:17 PM2/11/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Oh, that's what I meant.

Joe Bernard

Feb 12, 2016, 12:30:44 AM2/12/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
That won't last long. Great price in a currently warm town.

Belopsky

Feb 12, 2016, 8:59:45 PM2/12/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Very nice!

Evan E.

Feb 14, 2016, 12:27:31 AM2/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Beautiful bike. Surprised it's still available.

sameness

Mar 5, 2016, 6:57:08 PM3/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
And to my utter dismay:

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/bik/5476485147.html

Still not mine, still no affiliation, still don't understand why it's still for sale, etc.

cyclotourist

Mar 5, 2016, 8:46:59 PM3/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Still beautiful.

Joe Bernard

Mar 5, 2016, 9:25:19 PM3/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Amazing. Is Southern California not a Riv-ish area? That bike wouldn't last a week on Craigslist in NorCal.

cyclotourist

Mar 5, 2016, 10:29:06 PM3/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Na, not so much. Lots of MCRB, lots of MTBs... but never shall the two meet!
That's actually a bit of what's behind RSR... trying to get people out of their comfort zone a bit!

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 6:25 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Amazing. Is Southern California not a Riv-ish area? That bike wouldn't last a week on Craigslist in NorCal.

sameness

Mar 5, 2016, 11:04:15 PM3/5/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I think I've seen three, possibly four Rivs in the wild in 20+ years on the Westside (I'm 90% certain an orange blur blocks away was a Quickbeam).

One was only two weeks ago. Late '90s/early '00s custom-color-blue roadie, 50 feet from the same intersection I saw an orange Rambouillet stuffed in the back seat of a car outside my office at least 10 years ago.

Plus a green Quickbeam 10 blocks from there. No offense if you post here, but that guy looked to be about 97 years old at the time, positively crushing approx. 48/16 up the only hill in the area. Props.

And yet there are at least four XO-1s including mine within a two mile radius. Guy I bought my Miyata from just down the street has a purple '92 in his living room. Plus the same black RB-T I've seen locked up down by the beach every couple of years since it was basically new.

Bikes around here follow three basic divisions: Sub-$100 sketchy suspension Magna, brand new Linus or Public townie with fake leather grips, and $10K+ full carbon Colnago (or Ritte if they're a local).

Anyway, buy that Quickbeam on CL already, it's embarrassing. If it's still there in a week, I'll buy it for my mom, and she'll ride it twice before hanging it from hooks.

Jeff Hagedorn
Los Angeles, CA USA

Joe Bernard

Mar 6, 2016, 12:27:29 AM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
MCRB? RSR? You kids with the lingo ;)

cyclotourist

Mar 6, 2016, 12:41:42 AM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Working hard to confuse others since 1994!

On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 9:27 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
MCRB? RSR? You kids with the lingo ;)

dstein

Mar 6, 2016, 11:51:02 AM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
There's another 51cm QB that has been on sale in Sacramento for several months now. I bought a 54cm in SF off this list a little over a year ago as I thought those sizes (54cm and under) were pretty rare, so surprised to to see this and the sacramento ones still there too! I actually offered to buy this if he'd ship it, I like the orange color (and dyno hub extra) compared to the silver one I have (which color is faster again?)

ted

Mar 6, 2016, 12:18:11 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Orange of course.
I think the thing with the small sizes is there weren't many made so they are rare, but the reason rbw kept the production low is because they don't sell. Thus if you want one it'll probably be hard to find, but if you are trying to sell one it may take a long time.

Belopsky

Mar 6, 2016, 12:48:16 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
if this was local i'd buy it but i dont need bikes.

cyclotourist

Mar 6, 2016, 1:20:38 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yeah, it's a real nice build, with a lot of extras like the hub. Plus that fast orange color!

Joe Bernard

Mar 6, 2016, 6:07:18 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I fit both of those bikes - 51 for drops, 54 for Albas - but I'd have to put an electric hub on them to climb the hills around here. Hmm...

cyclotourist

Mar 6, 2016, 7:53:26 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
All the pros are doing it, so it must be a good idea!

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 3:07 PM, Joe Bernard <joer...@gmail.com> wrote:
I fit both of those bikes - 51 for drops, 54 for Albas - but I'd have to put an electric hub on them to climb the hills around here. Hmm...

Joe Bernard

Mar 6, 2016, 9:13:55 PM3/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
"Dude, your bike is dope."

Belopsky

Mar 23, 2016, 10:04:27 AM3/23/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
This bike is still up..Can anyone proxy/ship for me? I may want to do this..