FS: OT: Kids bike for sale, for trade, for free

Bill Lindsay

Oct 17, 2017, 12:07:16 PM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have a Trek MT60 kids bike that is ready for hand-me-down.  I don't have any toddler age kids in my aging local sphere of influence, so I'm casting a wider net.  My son and daughter both used this bike a bit, but their riding was seriously hindered by the fact that we live on the top of a steep hill, so it's going to be a good rider for several more kids before it is worn out.

It's a small 20" wheel kids bike.  It has a Shimano 6 speed freewheel and a gripshifter.  In the photo the Saddle Height is 460mm, and the standover is 540mm.  The clever crankset allows you to run the pedals at 120mm crankarms or 140mm.  The suspension fork is essentially rigid.  An adult can get it to compress.  The V-brakes and short reach brake levers work well. In the photo there is a long tall stem.  The stock stem is very stubby and I have that as well.

I'm looking for a local pickup or delivery in the Bay Area.  If you need it for free, fine, it's free.  If you can afford something, make a tax deductable donation to ECHS Mountain Bike Racing (suggested donation $100).  If you want to trade for something, I'd entertain that.  Let me know off-list if you have a home for it.

Bill Lindsay
El Cerrito, CA

Bill Lindsay

Oct 17, 2017, 12:08:29 PM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch

This is the Trek MT60 that I can give away, sell or trade to somebody in the Bay Area.

Doug Bloch

Oct 17, 2017, 12:17:04 PM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
If we didn’t live in good old flat Alameda I’d take it off your hands for my kids. But the single speed my son rides with a coaster and cantilever brake combo is plenty fine for him. I will see if any friends are looking.

Doug Bloch
Alameda CA USA

Bill Lindsay

Oct 17, 2017, 1:16:22 PM10/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
The bike is claimed by a longtime listmember with even better ideas on where donation funds should go.  Thanks

Bill