Coffeeneuring #2

Deacon Patrick

Oct 14, 2017, 3:13:55 PM10/14/17
to Rivendell Owners Rivendell Owners Group

Ed Fausto

Oct 14, 2017, 11:51:31 PM10/14/17
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
As always, nice photos Patrick!
Makes me wish that I can go back on that side of the pond and tour the Great Divide.

Regards,
Ed Fausto
Manila, Philippines

Wayne Naha

Oct 15, 2017, 7:43:16 PM10/15/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
You've got the best scenery out there, Patrick. Thanks for sharing some of it.

ascpgh

Oct 16, 2017, 12:29:20 PM10/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Your cups (and their pictures) are mighty.

Still happy with your Foinaven smock?  I'm near my decision and doing compulsory cost/benefit reviews of SV, DV and Analogy products.  My low satisfaction with the performance or service life of a series of products has me asking myself why didn't I reach this conclusion earlier.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh

William deRosset

Oct 16, 2017, 2:38:37 PM10/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Dear Andy,

Drifting OT. The coffee outside photos are lovely, as always. Now, away from the experience and to the gear....

The Hilltrek greenspot jacket in double ventile worked well for me for both commuting (and backpacking up in the Wind Rivers and in the various ranges west of me). I have an ventile+analogy anorak (in a slightly different pattern) and it was just too bulky/heavy/hot/doesn't breathe adequately for cycling or XC skiing use. For standing around in the cold rain it is fine enough. It also breathes substantially less than a SV Braemar anorak (which is not adequately waterproof for extended rain, though that is my preferred winter solution here on the Front Range). I am a heavy sweater, and live in a semi-arid environment. so take that into account when talking about rainwear.

I currently have one of their fuller-featured jackets after I left the greenspot in a restaurant, and kinda regret not getting another greenspot. It is a well-engineered garment.

A note on sizing: the greenspot required a size large (sleeve length), while the Braemar/Foinaven/the other one whose name I cannot remember, which is the Braemar in a full-zip, all were Mediums to fit.

Best Regards,

Will

Deacon Patrick

Oct 16, 2017, 4:43:13 PM10/16/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great question, Andy. Simple answer, absolutely! More complex answer, I figured I should start a thread as there are many factors that influence which ventile (single, double, cotton analogy). New thread here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rbw-owners-bunch/lLmVUgrub5o

With abandon,
Patrick