Weird email

Joe Bernard

Sep 22, 2016, 8:59:19 PM9/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Did anyone get a strange "gift card" email from RBW? I supposedly have $26.65 credit now, which was sent to an email address I don't use there. When I clicked the Shop Now button it took me to a Riv site "under construction".

Ray Varella

Sep 22, 2016, 9:20:25 PM9/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Joe,
The Washington Post ran a story today on a very large data breach originating with Yahoo.
If you suspect that's where it came from you may want to update your password and security settings on your critical accounts.

Cheers,
Ray

Ray Varella

Sep 22, 2016, 9:35:56 PM9/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
...actually Joe, a visit to the blug will provide you with an explanation.

Ray

Joe Bernard

Sep 22, 2016, 10:59:07 PM9/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ah, thanks Ray. I don't know how they found that email address, but I suppose I used it years ago.

Jim Bronson

Sep 23, 2016, 11:00:51 AM9/23/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If it wasn't for Flickr, I would have closed my Yahoo account years ago.  I never use my Yahoo mail even though they give you a terabyte of it...

signature goes here