I love my Quickbeam.

Amit Singh

May 4, 2015, 5:12:41 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That is all.

DS

May 4, 2015, 5:33:37 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I upvote this.

On Monday, May 4, 2015 at 2:12:41 PM UTC-7, Amit Singh wrote:
That is all.

Allingham II, Thomas J

May 4, 2015, 5:54:47 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 -- first QB commute of the year this morning for me!

Lurking around my office: https://www.flickr.com/photos/37542512@N04/17184609138/in/photostream/ and https://www.flickr.com/photos/37542512@N04/17184876150/in/photostream/

May 4, 2015, 6:15:01 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Congrats! It is so great to have a bike that feels so good to ride, and so pretty to look at!

Ryan Fleming

May 4, 2015, 6:22:45 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Pudge...I know I've complimented you on that burgundy colour, or maroon , or whatever it is called. What is that colour , exactly? I just love it!

If you are not offended that is one of the colours I'm contemplating for my Rivendell mixte which I'm going to order as soon as I do the requisite measurements.

Thanks...your bikes are gorgeous and your builds are very artful as well.

Ryan in Winnipeg

Allingham II, Thomas J

May 4, 2015, 6:26:17 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

I’m not sure – I bought the frame on special from Riv.  They called it red, which isn’t really accurate.  Or if it’s accurate, it would have to be a VERY deep red.  I’d describe it as maroon.  It’s a good color for a QB – very understated, and I like the cream headtube as a contrast.

Of course I’m not offended – have at it!  I think there’s an old Riv mixte in roughly that color somewhere on Flickr, if I remember rightly.

And thanks for the kind words!

Eunice Chang

May 4, 2015, 10:31:13 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I completely agree re: QB. They are magic. And inspire stories, which I really should write down one day.

-E

Pondero

May 4, 2015, 10:44:08 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The unexplainable magic of the Quickbeam. I love mine too.

Chris Johnson
Sanger, Texas

Amit Singh

May 4, 2015, 10:54:17 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Deacon Patrick

May 4, 2015, 10:56:35 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Aye.

Richard Rios

May 4, 2015, 11:50:07 PM5/4/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Not exactly a Quickbeam but I 💖 my Simpleone to! Might just be my favorite Riv to ride. Can't quite explain it but despite its lack of gears it just goes...

BSWP

May 5, 2015, 12:41:49 AM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Where is this year's non-virtual Entmoot? We could all pile onto Amtrak, take it to Sacramento...

Jeremy Till

May 5, 2015, 1:06:00 AM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Sacramento is perfect Quickbeam country!  We should have an Entmoot up here.  There are at least two of us here, although I need to get mine up and running again...been collecting parts for a re-boot of mine (re-beam?).

Philip Williamson

May 5, 2015, 11:18:26 AM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Montclair BobbyB

May 5, 2015, 11:47:16 AM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 for the S1...

Esteban

May 5, 2015, 12:14:56 PM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
+1 QB love. I'm saving up for a new front wheel - maybe Schmidt.

Entmoot = fun fun fun if I could make it, I'd go if it was in California.

Esteban

Patrick Moore

May 5, 2015, 12:16:34 PM5/5/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Is that a custom stem? It's much nicer, IMO, than 16" quills!

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

JohnS

May 5, 2015, 10:57:51 PM5/5/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I love my QB so much, that I would buy a second one if I had the money. I would set up my current 60cm as the round town commuter utility bike, with fenders, dyno hub, lights, rear rack, front basket and upright bars. The new one would be a 62cm set up with drop bars for weekend and evening rides. That would be heaven!

John

Philip Williamson

May 6, 2015, 10:26:43 AM5/6/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The green steel riser stem is a Salsa I bought in 1988 or so, for my first mountain bike. I painted it "Shamrock Green" with a spraycan from the auto parts store.
Ties the whole bike together. ;^)

Philip
www.biketinker.com

Philip Williamson

May 6, 2015, 10:33:00 AM5/6/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
This is my fantasy, too - dyno hub and fenders back on the green 60, light wheels and expensive tires on an orange 62 or 64!
I almost pulled the trigger on one of the larger QBs flying by recently, but couldn't rationalize it with logic.

Philip
www.biketinker.com

Allingham II, Thomas J

May 6, 2015, 11:46:24 AM5/6/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
When it comes to bike acquisition, logic is overrated.

cyclot...@gmail.com

May 6, 2015, 1:03:36 PM5/6/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I've actually tried to rationalize getting a third Quickbeam. Unsuccessfully so far, but gave it a good shot!
One townie, one monstercross, one light roadie.
the perfect trifecta of singlespeed goodness!

Ryan Fleming

May 7, 2015, 4:35:11 PM5/7/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
You can never have too much of a good thing:) I'm insanely jealous...

I've always really admired those Quickbeams.. I don't believe I've ever seen a photo of one that I didn't like.but I'll have to limp along with my PX-10. S'OK, it was my first good bike in 1973, and I'm very happy with the single-speed incarnation of version 3.0 built in 1974 But,  indeed, it's nowhere near as pretty as those Quickbeams.

Ryan in Winnipeg

cyclotourist

May 7, 2015, 5:11:30 PM5/7/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
'Beams are good looking bikes, no way around it!
Here's one more to add to the pool: https://www.flickr.com/photos/cyclotourist/17209157658/

Swapped a Swift for the Team Pro that was on it.
Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal

Justin August

May 7, 2015, 9:21:00 PM5/7/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
If you wear butchering a 'Beam/'One to make it 650b would you replace canti studs with Paul Racer brazeons or just lower the canti studs?

If you were doing that.

-J

John G

May 14, 2015, 1:11:02 PM5/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Philip Williamson

May 14, 2015, 3:15:29 PM5/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
So you've got the coveted Two 'Beam System!
Good looking setups.

Philip

John G

May 15, 2015, 10:20:42 AM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Alas no.  Orange replaced Green when the frame broke.

cyclotourist

May 15, 2015, 10:44:16 AM5/15/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
Ouch!

Deacon Patrick

May 15, 2015, 10:58:06 AM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
That hurts to see! I imagine there's a story behind the photo?

With abandon,
Patrick

Montclair BobbyB

May 15, 2015, 12:10:29 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Some see a broken frame... I see an already-comfy frame just made a little cushier...

Leslie

May 15, 2015, 1:36:47 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
The bottom-bracket shell came apart?!   Whoa.....