Days like this acclimate us for Autumn!

Deacon Patrick

Aug 20, 2016, 6:05:43 PM8/20/16
to Rivendell Owners Rivendell Owners Group
Took off at 7am, 42˚F, foggy, still air. Crisp and delicious. I thought I’d post more of the roads I ride to get to the rides, lest I give the impression the single track is right out me door. Today, it was two hours away.

The sun burned through the clouds 45 minutes in, which my toes and hands appreciated. My only concession to the crisp was knickers instead of shorts. Beautiful clear day, blue skies.

Photos say more and better, so here you go. Scroll right for the full bunch.

Doug M

Aug 20, 2016, 10:29:19 PM8/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Great photos Patrick, thanks for sharing. I need to get out for more rides like this. I heard of a chance of some snow in the higher elevations this weekend, any signs in your area? My Northern Minnesota area is starting to see nighttime lows in the 40s now but no snow likely until October. My Hunq could use a good gravel grinder workout.

Deacon Patrick

Aug 20, 2016, 10:39:52 PM8/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hey Doug! September is our usual for fist snow, but it all depends on where/how you measure. We've had snow at 13,000+ ft. on the Peak a few times this summer. But as far as where I live and ride, latter half of September. But I won't get snowed off the trails usually until November or December, though it gets more challenging. Helps to be stupid. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick

LLM

Aug 21, 2016, 8:57:13 PM8/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Lovely....thanks for sharing!

Linda

Deacon Patrick

Aug 22, 2016, 3:56:37 PM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Using a variety of resources, because most of this route doesn't exist on "Map my Ride", here are the stats:

RT: 40 miles, +5,195 ft. climb and descent, 7:20 riding time (technically 8 hours riding time minus two rosaries, so highly exact. Grin.) for an average speed of 5.5 mph.  No wonder the dragon flies beat me! Grin. LOTS of LCG with the Quickbeam.
Water consumption: 84 oz, 10.5 oz per hour. Temps in the low 40's starting out, then rising rapidly to 60's. After 45 minutes, clear and sunny.

People encountered (under their own power): aprox. 20, higher than previously, but a new trail has opened and been well publicized.

With abandon,
Patrick