Feeler: 56cm Toyo-built Rivendell Atlantis

Belopsky

Jul 29, 2017, 9:53:21 PM7/29/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Long story short - meniscus/knee injury and a move to a smaller place and the fact that I don't do any loaded touring means I am more motivated to sell off bikes than usual. If I can sell my fat bike, my Bob Jackson single speed the Rivendell is also on the chopping block.

Long story shorter - I can commute by bike currently but riding for fitness is not fun. Riding to explore is not fun. All else has to go.

It's a 56cm Toyo build Rivendell. It's in pretty good shape with a few knicks here and there. Lots of relatively new parts.

Nitto Compass Maes Bars
Nitto 90mm Stem
Dura-Ace bar end shifters
Black Newbaums w/ shellac
Shimano R400 Brake levers
Tektro CR720 Calipers w/ ceramic pads
Mavic Crossmax UST Ceramic (tubeless ready!)
TA Zephyr Triple
Thomson zero-offset elite seatpost (silver)
Shimano Ultegra front derailleur
Shimano Deore XT rear derailleur

No seat.

This bike weighs 24.x lbs.

$1800 is what would take it. Price is shipped.
A bit outdated photos (bars and levers are different than this, and wrapped and there are bar ends)

I'm frustrated but I can lift weight without pain, and that's good for me right now.

Clayton

Jul 30, 2017, 12:33:27 PM7/30/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Don't sell it for any reason. A Toyo is a treasure!

Doug Bloch

Jul 30, 2017, 5:51:17 PM7/30/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
What a treasure. Sorry to hear about your miniscus z
Where is this bike located?

Doug
Alameda CA USA

Patrick Moore

Jul 30, 2017, 6:15:31 PM7/30/17
to rbw-owners-bunch
Sorry to hear about your injury, but man, hold on to that Atlantis! Rent a U-Stor-It!

Riding for exercise is fun! Riding to explore is fun! Riding to get places is fun! Any riding is (or ought to be and can be) fun!

I'd keep an Atlantis (even if it don't have disc brakes!).

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
Interested in trading resume, LinkedIn, and other writing work for professional (professional) help with marketing and growing my resumes, etc. business. Respondents should have considerable experience in helping small, online businesses grow. Please contact me at patric...@resumespecialties.com. Thanks.

Belopsky

Jul 30, 2017, 7:15:32 PM7/30/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
https://www.flickr.com/gp/14767344@N07/1e45N0

Photos from today.
Bike is in Ann Arbor,MI

Fat bike sold. looks like Vigorelli frame will sell. Wheels from the Bob are sold. Rivendell is on the block.

I'd hang on to it but for the riding I do I need something snappy. Space constraints mean 1 bike two wheelsets at most (road and gravel), not counting my brompton.

Philip Kim

Jul 30, 2017, 7:37:44 PM7/30/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Srry to hear that Igor, I know how it goes. A one bike hard limit has been freeing for myself personally. It's surprising how adaptable bike use can be (if you get the right one). Though, I do look at some bikes, including this one, where I want to get another bike. But always have to snap myself out of it.

Best of luck! This one is a good one at a good price.

Clayton

Jul 31, 2017, 11:10:34 AM7/31/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have had three knee surgeries, and had an ACL replacement. I have also had three back surgeries and three carpal tunnel surgeries. I ride all the time, and take long rides in the Cascades. My point is, you will get better. If you sell it, you will regret it. I have a Toyo Atlantis and I will never sell it. Truly a treasure. Hang in there, fight like hell through rehab no matter how much it hurts (trust me on this, I slacked and I pay for it now) and don't be discouraged and frustrated. We all got your back, and are here to encourage you on your quest to heal up.

Clayton a Bendite Toyo too.

Belopsky

Jul 31, 2017, 7:32:22 PM7/31/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
SOLD

Brian Campbell

Aug 6, 2017, 10:29:56 PM8/6/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
+1 one on the below. It is always tough when life forces you to make changes you don't want necessarily want to.That said, having only one bike has really increased the enjoyment of my riding and simplified the management of stuff in my life. Which, has increased the enjoyment in my life...hope you heal up soon.