For Sale - 48cm Rivendell Sam Hillborne. Orange with canti posts

RJM

Sep 1, 2015, 1:14:58 PM9/1/15
to RBW Owners Bunch

I'm selling my 48cm Sam Hillborne and figured I'd offer it up to the list first. I was thinking I could either sell this as a frameset with the seatpost and headset or just the complete bike. Frameset $800 shipped to you in CONUS. complete bike for $1600

Here are the details -

48cm Orange color, Canti post, 650b wheels with original headset and seatpost
41cm Nitto Noodle bars
7 cm Nitto Technomic stem
Silver shifter bar end shifters
Crane brass bell
Tektro brake levers for v-brakes
Shimano XT v-brakes
Shimano 6500 Ultegra front and rear derailers
Shimano 6500 Ultegra triple crankset
I'm going to keep the saddle and pedals...

Oh yeah, it has a Nitto M12 rack on it...I can send it with the bike but I will have to take it off to fit in a bike box, I believe.

I have two wheelsets available, so I suppose I could send the bike with either one; choice is yours.

First is a set of Velocity Dyads laced to Phil "Rivy" freewheel hubs built by Rich at Riv. 7 speed freewheel on this set with pari moto tires (used but not used up)
Second is a set of Velocity Synergy rims laced to Shimano LX hubs built by Rich at Riv. I believe I have a 9 speed cassette on this set with fatty rumpkins (used but not used up).

The frame has a few chips from use but nothing major. I've included a link to some pictures of them. Every year I have sprayed the internals with boeshield just as a rust prevention measure. It's solid and never been crashed. The build is a mish mash of parts that works well together as it is but I am happy to tear it down to just the frame so you can build it to your liking.

I have some pictures of the bike and frame at this link...if you need more just let me know and I will upload them. https://www.flickr.com/photos/93186953@N00/albums/72157657412369581

I'm trying to get money for another, different kind of Rivendell and not riding this one as much as I would like, so off it goes.

RJM

Sep 2, 2015, 8:11:13 PM9/2/15
to RBW Owners Bunch
The frame has been sold...

I am be sorry to see it go but I'm sure the new owner will love it.

Thanks.