OT slightly: DCBR: DC Bike Ride May 22, 2016

WETH

Feb 3, 2016, 1:04:57 PM2/3/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
http://dcbikeride.com/?utm_source=WABA&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WABA

This organized ride seems similar to the former BikeDC event organized by WABA.
This ride is a 17 mile car free experience around the mall, through Georgetown, and out toward the Pentagon.
It would be fun to get a group together if others are interested.
-Erl

WETH

Feb 3, 2016, 1:05:52 PM2/3/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Apologies for assuming all might realize DC is Washington, DC!

Deacon Patrick

Feb 3, 2016, 1:12:27 PM2/3/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Here I thought DC was the District of Colombia. Now I'm all confused. Sardonic grin.

With abandon,
Patrick

Tom M

Feb 3, 2016, 7:53:51 PM2/3/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
My wife and I are strongly considering it. We'll be on our Cannonade Tandem, which is way off-topic. Hard to imagine DC without cars. Should be fun.
--Tom

WETH

Feb 3, 2016, 8:38:34 PM2/3/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Tom,
A tandem sounds like a great choice for this ride. I rode The BikeDC event in 2002/2003(can't remember exact year). Route highlights included Freedom Plaza, out and back on a portion of the GW Parkway, around RFK Stadium, and across the Sousa Bridge. The only negative were the number of participants. I rode with three friends and it was a challenge at times to stay together. A tandem would eliminate that issue for you and your wife.
All the best,
Erl

Tony DeFilippo

Feb 4, 2016, 8:47:48 AM2/4/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Sounds awesome Erl, I'm going to pencil it in.

JohnS

Feb 4, 2016, 10:14:53 AM2/4/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Erl for the heads up. We've been riding the NYC 5 Boro bike tour for the past few years (we're registered for this year). Maybe I'll be able to talk my family/friends into doing this one as well.

JohnS

Ryan Thompson

Feb 4, 2016, 8:48:53 PM2/4/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I plan on riding with my wife and kids.  Though I think I'll haul the kids on my Xtracycle and my wife will ride her Betty Foy.

Ryan

Eunice Chang

Feb 5, 2016, 10:57:28 PM2/5/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I might actually brave the train ride from NC for this one now that Amtrak allows bikes on trains. Sign me up (tentatively) for a Riv contingent (if there's one).

-E.

KenP

Feb 13, 2016, 8:30:06 AM2/13/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm looking forward to it; Hope to see some fellow Riv riders.  Plan to bring the Saluki.

Lungimsam

Feb 13, 2016, 9:22:38 AM2/13/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I have to work that weekend. Too bad. That would be fun to ride in a Riv-group and take in the sights.