58cm Saluki for Sale, needs good home, just too big for me.

Peter M

Jan 9, 2012, 2:06:49 PM1/9/12
to RBW Owners Bunch
Had this up for trade but now have a tentative deal worked out to get
a smaller AHH so this beauty needs to go. Again it is a 58cm Saluki in
Pea Sage Green. Has one tiny ding in downtube and some paint loss
behind BB but I touched it up pretty well. Sale includes frame fork
and headset. The BB is brand new but it is 113 since I run IGH hubs,
if you want it though I will include it for nothing. Besides for the
minor techincal issues bike is in great shape with really no other
scrapes or paint loss to speak of, never crashed or dropped. Chainstay
has a cool shellaced twine finish with tape under it to keep it water
proof but if you dont want it I can get rid of it no problem, paint
under it is perfect. One of the last of the Toyo built Salukis, it
really is a beautiful bike but just too big for me. Here is the link
to flikr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/67889635@N06/ if you need
more pics just let me know. I also have a campy NR strada crankset and
bb if the seller wants to have a more vintage flair i can include at a
very low price. Paid $1,200 shipped a few months ago looking to get
$1000 shipped this time around because I am being honest with the
small cosmetic details. Thanks for looking.

Peter

ilter

Jan 21, 2012, 9:57:36 AM1/21/12
to RBW Owners Bunch

Hi all,

My 3rd attempt in posting my first message.

Is 58cm Saluki identical to 58cm AHH in terms of frame geometry ?
Does anyone know if Saluki`s tubing feels significantly more flexible
and livelier than Surly LHT ?

Thanks in advance for any response.

ilter

On Jan 9, 1:06 pm, Peter M <uscpeter11...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Had this up for trade but now have a tentative deal worked out to get
> a smaller AHH so this beauty needs to go. Again it is a 58cm Saluki in
> Pea Sage Green. Has one tiny ding in downtube and some paint loss
> behind BB but I touched it up pretty well. Sale includes frame fork
> and headset. The BB is brand new but it is 113 since I run IGH hubs,
> if you want it though I will include it for nothing. Besides for the
> minor techincal issues bike is in great shape with really no other
> scrapes or paint loss to speak of, never crashed or dropped. Chainstay
> has a cool shellaced twine finish with tape under it to keep it water
> proof but if you dont want it I can get rid of it no problem, paint
> under it is perfect.  One of the last of the Toyo built Salukis, it
> really is a beautiful bike but just too big for me. Here is the link
> to flikr pagehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/67889635@N06/if you need

Peter Morgano

Jan 21, 2012, 11:14:13 AM1/21/12
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Sorry to not post earlier but saluki is sold. I will soon be the owner of joes 54cm hillborne which will work better for my upright style of riding.

dougP

Jan 21, 2012, 3:38:51 PM1/21/12
to RBW Owners Bunch

On Jan 21, 6:57 am, ilter <ilt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,

"....tubing feels significantly more flexible
> and livelier than Surly LHT ?
>
> Thanks in advance for any response.
>
> ilter

ilter:

A friend has an Atlantis and a LHT, both 58 cm and similarly set-up.
He reports the Atlantis feels more lively than the LHT. Not huge but
noticeable. Hope that helps in your evaluation.

dougP