WTB or T : 'Mountain' Brake Levers

Eric Karnes

Oct 17, 2016, 1:46:24 AM10/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all-

I'm building up a budget build for my new-to-me Hilsen. And I'm in need of some levers for the Albatross bars...something similar to the various 'mountain' levers that Riv sells. Anyone have anything they're looking to get rid of? Preferably something that doesn't take up too much bar space and is cheap. But if you're dying to get rid of some Paul levers, who am I to argue? I have a few Technomic stems and various other things I could trade...or I can reimburse you with cold, hard PayPal cash.

Thanks!

Eric

dougP

Oct 17, 2016, 4:51:09 PM10/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eric:

I've used these Tektros on a couple of bikes:

http://www.tektro-usa.com/category.php?productid=1147&catid=207&subcat=0

Cheap @ $20 a pair.  Have a clever adjustment allowing use with either canti or linear pull V-brakes.  Not high precision, a bit rattly but nothing offensive.  Functionally excellent, aesthetically so-so.

dougP

RichS

Oct 17, 2016, 9:08:45 PM10/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Eric, what brakes are using on the AHH? If side pulls then wouldn't you need a short pull lever? I have used Cane Creek "flat tops" on Albatross bars
with Tektro R556 side pulls. They worked fine and if I recall they are moderately priced.

Best regards,
Richard

Eric Karnes

Oct 17, 2016, 9:22:47 PM10/17/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm using the Tektro R559s. So yes, I'll need short reach levers for cantilevers. I'll check out those Cane Creeks. Thanks!

Eric