My 52 Clem-L rides the bus

LLM

Aug 21, 2016, 8:11:32 PM8/21/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I wondered if the Clem with its looong wheelbase would fit the racks on the front of our local city buses.  Today I found out.  I discovered that the buses on the route at the top of my street use a different style bus rack than the buses of the semi-express route that I have used for my inter-city, inter-modal commute.  I tested both styles.   Although the bike was clearly pushing the length limits of each rack style, it fit securely in both.  In case anyone else is wondering about Clem's on bus racks, I've included pictures (from the web) of the two different style racks that I tried today along with descriptions of each in the linked album.

Elizabeth S

Aug 22, 2016, 12:42:37 AM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for posting this, I have been wondering :)

Jeremy Tavan

Aug 22, 2016, 1:11:53 AM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
I'm pleased to hear a 52cm Clem fits a bus bike rack... wish it were a few inches shorter and fit properly in the racks on our commuter rail!

David Sprunger

Aug 22, 2016, 9:07:08 AM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks for this useful info.

masmojo

Aug 22, 2016, 2:24:11 PM8/22/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Good to see. I've been itching to commute on my Clementine, but I have to take the lite rail and my much smaller Rawland & Cross check already collect their fair share of ire from the other riders, I fear the M Clementine with her large Wald basket is just too cumbersome. At least during the peak hours I ride.