Let's hear it for the blue Hubbuhubbuhs

137 visningar

David Sprunger

oläst,
19 juli 2017 14:45:412017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch
Hi. The orange, silver, and sage tandems seem to be well documented, but the blue ones are sadly neglected. Here are a few pictures of mine. There is nothing too radical about the build, but the Super Moto X tires push the capacity of the Motolite brakes.

I would like to add a rear rack eventually, but for now, the old Hobo bag is working fine.

Fun times.

David Sprunger
Fargo, ND

Beaverton Bob

oläst,
19 juli 2017 19:02:122017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch
That is a nice photo gallery of a beautiful bike.  Now I want one too.  Need to convince the wife!  Thank you for sharing.

One question:  Is that an 8-speed cassette?

Ride Safely,
Beaverton "Now Really Wants A Hubbuhubuh" Bob

Ray Varella

oläst,
19 juli 2017 19:29:062017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch

Here's mine

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 11:45:41 AM UTC-7, spru...@gmail.com wrote:

IMG_0018.JPG

David Sprunger

oläst,
19 juli 2017 19:30:462017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks. Yes, I am using a 3x8 drivetrain with some IRD silver shifters that I got from a list member.

David Sprunger

oläst,
19 juli 2017 19:38:212017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch
Cool. As an alum of the U of I, I endorse that fighting Illini blue-and-orange color scheme. Fargo is relentlessly flat, so our tandem does not have a disc brake installed. I had an early 80s tandem with a Phil Wood drum brake, but never needed to use it.
David

Ray Varella

oläst,
19 juli 2017 19:47:012017-07-19
till RBW Owners Bunch
Drag brakes make really good parking brakes as well.
I would probably use one even if I lived where it's flat.

I thought I had a bunch of red housing but I couldn't find it.
I sprung for the orange and a friend of mine had some orange powder so he coated the cages to match.
It's a good contrast with that blue.

Cheers,
Ray

LeahFoy

oläst,
20 juli 2017 00:51:292017-07-20
till RBW Owners Bunch
David, how I wish I could have seen it in person on my way through Fargo last week! I had my Betty and husband's Clem in tow as well. The blue is definitely my favorite Hubbah; I hope you ride many happy miles! And also, GO BISON!

Joe Bernard

oläst,
20 juli 2017 05:47:352017-07-20
till RBW Owners Bunch
Ray, I need to keep an eye out for this around town. The orange cables and cages are awesome!

John Hawrylak

oläst,
21 juli 2017 18:36:212017-07-21
till RBW Owners Bunch
Ray

The Orange cable housing and water bottle cages really look striking against the Blue

John Hawrylak
Woodstown NJ

Ray Varella

oläst,
22 juli 2017 16:36:482017-07-22
till RBW Owners Bunch
Thanks Joe and John,
I'm pretty happy with how good of a match the orange is.
Maybe a couple other small bits will get powder coated.

Holler if you see me Joe, you can take it for a cruise.

Ray

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra