For Deacon Patrick: a new cyclists' diet

Patrick Moore

Jun 20, 2016, 11:43:53 AM6/20/16
to rbw-owners-bunch

From Sean Yates's autobio, describing his neo-pro days:

In Paris, we’d go for a ride in the morning then laze around. My favorite trick was to go to the patisserie along the road and buy a huge family butter cake. It’s sort of a white cake, made of absolute pure fat. I’d mush it all up, dump the lot into a salad bowl and sit there eating it with a spoon like it was a bowl of muesli.

Preparing [the cake] was a total ritual for him, like a heroin addict cooking up, says John Herety [fellow racer and flatmate], The cake would be divided into squares, then the whole lot would go in the sort of bowl reserved for family fruit salads. Then a large pot of fromage blanc would go over the lot. That gave him the excuse to call it “yogurt cake’ like it was some kind of health food.

Well, it worked for him!

---

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the contours of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Stat crux dum volvitur orbis. (The cross stands motionless while the world revolves.) Carthusian motto

It is we who change; He remains the same. Eckhart

Kinei hos eromenon. (It moves [all things] as the beloved.) Aristotle

Deacon Patrick

Jun 20, 2016, 11:52:43 AM6/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Delete the sugar and flour and I'm all over that! Well, that's essentially what I eat at least one meal a day, eggs and butter and cream. Grin.

With abandon,
Patrick

On Monday, June 20, 2016 at 9:43:53 AM UTC-6, Patrick Moore wrote:

From Sean Yates's autobio, describing his neo-pro days:

huge family butter cake

rob markwardt

Jun 20, 2016, 3:59:34 PM6/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Speaking of butter.... http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/a-brief-history-of-bog-butter-180959384/?no-ist  Sounds like you could use it to lube your chain if you didn't like the taste.

Jon in central Colorado

Jun 20, 2016, 4:08:38 PM6/20/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Smiling..... Sean yates was burning 1000 calories/ hour for four hours..He needed to ingest 8000 calories/day to maintain his weight..

Patrick Moore

Jun 20, 2016, 4:25:17 PM6/20/16
to rbw-owners-bunch
Wow -- that makes pound cake in a salad bowl with fromage blanc sound even more appetizing!

Patrick Moore, who plans to try making fromage blanc someday soon

Patrick Moore

Jun 20, 2016, 4:26:15 PM6/20/16
to rbw-owners-bunch
"pungent, cheesy odor"