Redwood Rebuilt.

David Banzer

May 12, 2015, 7:53:26 PM5/12/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Swapped out some parts on my Redwood...
Added:
Selle-Anatomica Saddle
Nitto B132 Handlebars
Newbaum's Burnt Orange Tape (clear shellacked - matches parts of the headbadge)
Dura Ace Crankset (thanks Patrick!) with Phil BB and cobbled together chainrings (chopped up triplizer as outer ring)
Alloy Bell
Bags (very light commuting mode, and coffee kit rides)

Couldn't help but take photos when I got home: http://s821.photobucket.com/user/dabanzer/slideshow/Rivendell%20Redwood?sort=6

David
Chicago

Patrick Moore

May 13, 2015, 9:32:03 AM5/13/15
to rbw-owners-bunch
Nice build. I'm glad the crankset/bb got a good home. What rings are you using? -- the 52/38 "compact" set I had? What granny?

I think that 7410 crank is the nicest Shimano ever made.

Other professional writing services.
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and individualities revolve. Chuang Tzu

Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. Aristotle

The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. Dante

Dan

May 13, 2015, 10:42:03 PM5/13/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Those Redwoods just look right, and I like those bars too.

Dan

Jim Bronson

May 13, 2015, 11:42:19 PM5/13/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

Lovely pics.  I need to do something with my redwood.  It's been in the stand for about the last two months.

David Banzer

May 14, 2015, 3:46:25 PM5/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Patrick,
Chainrings are 46/38 - plenty of range for the terrain around Chicago. The 46 is a triplizer that I hacked to use as an outer. I still have to finish the hack, basically making a normal chainring out of a triplizer ring.
David
Chicago

Kieran J

May 14, 2015, 4:41:32 PM5/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Looks good, David. Is the Anatomica new to you? Have you ever tried on of the slot versions? I'm curious about a comparison between the two.

KJ

David Banzer

May 14, 2015, 8:03:26 PM5/14/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Kieran,
The SA saddle is new to me, I believe it's last year's model that was on clearance (I purchased from another, still in new condition). I haven't tried a slotted SA saddle. The non-slotted version is becoming comfy, break-in period seems to be a little faster than a Brooks. The shape is perfect for what I wanted - slightly narrower than a B17, at least it feels that way.
David
Chicago