Russian River Bike Shop

dougP

May 15, 2015, 9:45:13 AM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
During a recent wander around north of the Bay Area, we stumbled onto the "smallest bike shop in Sonoma County":

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33786397@N03/sets/72157652851030281/with/17059748353/

Brian has a small inventory of very Rivish bikes, and appreciated our Atlantis'.  In fact, on rolling up he mistook me for someone who was to drop by to pickup a bottle of wine, but caught his mistake (and I thought he was just being friendly).  We had a good map of the area and were looking for a turnoff from River Rd, and were only a short distance from it.  The rest area features comfortable furniture and shade.  If you're in the area, stop by for a rest & a chat.  He's at about mile 20.1 on the route we followed that day:

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/7850221

dougP

hsmitham

May 15, 2015, 3:38:25 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Nice Doug! Looks like a relaxing jaunt through wine country.

~Hugh

Philip Williamson

May 15, 2015, 4:43:01 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
I will visit that shop! I didn't know it was there.
I have a dream of putting an Airstream in my dad's apple orchard about half a mile from there, and renting it out to cyclists as a base camp.

Philip

dougP

May 15, 2015, 7:50:17 PM5/15/15
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
We decided we like that area better than Napa / St Helena since the Russian River area has lots of forest & shade.  Talk about first world problems!

Hugh:  Is that your Homer in the photo on the new website?  Looks like your custom color.

Phil:  Heck, I'll help you move the trailer!  That would be a perfect base for some fantastic riding.  I've collected routes from various clubs & tours thru the area.  You can toodle over to Korbel for lunch or climb up to King's Ridge out of Cazadero and lots of stuff in between.

dougP