Hub Area Bags and Hub Area Racks

Jim S.

May 17, 2017, 10:19:16 AM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi all,

Somewhere, I recall seeing photos or a video of how to attach hub area bags to hub area racks. Despite the magic of google, I am unable to locate this. Does anyone happen to have a photo or video of how they attached their hub area bags to hub area racks?

REC

May 17, 2017, 2:07:29 PM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hmmmm....  I think that I watched it but couldn't find it.  someone did explain it to me. but I haven't done this on my own yet.

Start with a Surly Junk Strap inside your bag.   Let's say you're starting with the right grommet.
Thread the strap through the grommet to the outside the bag, around the horizontal rack rod (I'm sorry, I don't know what it's called exactly.  It's the rod that you would "clip" a pannier to) and back into the bag.
Thread the strap through left grommet and out the grommet, around the horizontal rack rod and back into the back into the bag.
Secure the strap into the buckle inside the bag.

Roberta

LeahFoy

May 17, 2017, 3:42:39 PM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
If they attach the same way as the old Backabike bags, this is how you do it: https://vimeo.com/130490246

Shoji Takahashi

May 17, 2017, 4:48:08 PM5/17/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
Yes, that's how I do it with HAR/HAB. I have HAR v1, without the loop. I can put on/take off the bags by just loosening the strap and pulling enough slack to get the "strap loops" off the nubbins of the HAR. If you have HAR v2, you could do the same if you leave the loop off.

Good luck!
shoji

Rick

May 18, 2017, 3:39:39 PM5/18/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
What Roberta said.  I had the john's irish, long strap on mine.

Jim S.

May 21, 2017, 10:47:40 AM5/21/17
to RBW Owners Bunch
thanks! I think that method will work just fine.