Portland

Eric Norris

Jun 28, 2016, 12:48:42 AM6/28/16
to RBW
Some more photos from this weekend’s Portland adventure:

Riv content: The weekend started with the Rivelo anniversary party:

René Sterental

Jun 28, 2016, 1:05:23 AM6/28/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
Very nice. Awesome bridge. I'll have to find a way to come to Portland with a bike...

franklyn

Jun 28, 2016, 2:04:19 AM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Love Portland. I was just there, but miss the Rivelo Party by a week. When I was there and dropped by, it was closed! St John's Bridge is so very nice--such a dramatic landmark in its own ways, and the views from it are pretty awesome!.

Franklyn

On Monday, June 27, 2016, Eric Norris <campyo...@me.com> wrote:
Some more photos from this weekend’s Portland adventure:

Riv content: The weekend started with the Rivelo anniversary party:

Lungimsam

Jun 28, 2016, 9:24:19 AM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
So what kind of weather and landscape is Portland? Im thinking "northern exposure" looking for some reason?

Eric Norris

Jun 28, 2016, 10:09:48 AM6/28/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com
So appropriate that the area under the bridge is called "Cathedral Park."

Eric N
Twitter: @CampyOnlyGuy

John A. Bennett

Jun 28, 2016, 10:16:16 AM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Franklyn: Sorry we missed you. We're closed on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Open 11-6 weekdays, and 11-5 weekends.

John A. Bennett

Jun 28, 2016, 10:22:21 AM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Weather: rainy and cool in the winters. (Generally) warm and sunny in the summers. Occasionally downright hot. 103 a few weeks ago.

Not much humidity, though, and it rarely snows, so year-round riding is not a problem.

The majority of "close-in" Portland is relatively flat. My Saluki is set up as a 1 X 9 and is great around town.

The West Hills and Forest Park have more varied terrain.

Plenty of bike lanes, shared roadways, and the drivers - in general - are bike-friendly.

RoadieRyan

Jun 28, 2016, 4:47:51 PM6/28/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
The STP (Seattle to Portland ride) used to end there before they re- routed it to downtown when the started working on the St Johns bridge back in 2003 or so.

Lovely setting.

Eric Norris

Jun 28, 2016, 4:52:14 PM6/28/16
to RBW
When I rode STP in 2013, we crossed the bridge and wound our way through north Portland on the way to the finish. It was on that part of the ride that I saw a guy on a full-on beach cruisers who had obviously ridden the 200-mile course just as fast as I had ...