FS- 64cm Wisconsin borne Samuel Hillborne frameset

Kainalu

Jun 14, 2016, 1:44:18 PM6/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Hi!
I've got a 65 Clem coming my way in July and was expecting to be riding this Sam around until then, but then my appendix attacked, so I'm letting it go (my tummy still hurts, doc says absolutely no rolling until July).
Included in the sale is everything seen in the photos ("SHORT" chainstays!!) minus the wheels & tires. The bottom bracket is brand new super duper Shimano UN55 113mm, the headset is a headset like any other except it has some indexing (it's original to the frame).
Photos show plenty of nicks and scratches, but nothing that caused any damage (no chainsuck, ever). Truth be told, this frame is arguably better than new! It just got back from a trip to Waterford to get a popped seatstay repaired, they actually are the source of the scratches on the chainstays, but they did a beautiful job of making the bike structurally magnificent so all is forgiven.

here's photos-
https://goo.gl/photos/XnXmgmEch5tkDNBQA

All this for $800 + bike flights shipping ($40 when I shipped it to Waterford a couple months ago)

Thanks a ton
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

ant ritchey

Jun 14, 2016, 9:18:49 PM6/14/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
some one...stop me...please...

James Warren

Jun 15, 2016, 7:57:18 PM6/15/16
to rbw-owne...@googlegroups.com

A green 64 with cantis! Those were rare, I think.

Usually saw those in orange.

James Warren

- 700x33

Kainalu

Jun 16, 2016, 12:29:06 AM6/16/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Rare as Hen's teeth! And now shipping for free to mainland addresses!!
It's a great bike, take it around the world. Act soonish and get free mustache bars with your choice of long or short pull brake levers (to get the most from these cantilever brake posts)
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

Kainalu

Jun 25, 2016, 9:54:04 AM6/25/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Price drop- $700 + $40 to cover shipping CONUS, more to ship it elsewhere.

Cantilevers! Green!

[...]

All this for $800(now $700) + bike flights shipping ($40 when I shipped it to Waterford a couple months ago)

Kai Vierstra

Aug 13, 2016, 4:17:11 PM8/13/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Price Drop Bump!
Getting back to listing this frame and fork. Will sell to any listers for $600 +bikeflights ($40ish), here's the craigslist ad- http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/bik/5731011339.html
Thanks
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

Kai Vierstra

Sep 6, 2016, 4:10:27 PM9/6/16
to RBW Owners Bunch
Frame is sold!
to a tall fellow I met on the Williamsburg bridge.
-Kai
Brooklyn NY

DeeterDeeter

Mar 10, 2019, 6:17:39 PM3/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch

Kainalu V. -Brooklyn NY

Mar 10, 2019, 8:09:12 PM3/10/19
to RBW Owners Bunch
And it was a treat seeing you enjoying it two days in a row! (So strange in a world relatively devoid of beautiful big bikes) My takeaway is to never ever sell a bike frame again, unless it's a double.

Welcome to the Rivlist!
-Kai